SiJ 2018 - Day Five.

Alas my spending habits often outstrip my capacity. Too late for me to get rich.

Latest spend follows. A pair of Birkenstock knockoffs from Germany.

43D1E23B-7A4F-4FB9-900C-0720C4E7048E.jpeg

257C3C4E-38CF-4FA6-A6F1-720B6E0A0E0C.jpeg

Day Five - the wrong numbers

My blood test results today confirmed that I’m running on slow. I wonder if that is why I miss my train most mornings? As I had some time till the next one was due I scouted around with my camera for a safety shot. Despite the absence of trees around the platform I found a scattering of leaves. I was in luck. As for the wrong numbers, a sudden realisation that I had miscalculated my remaining leave allowance has thrown our travel plans for this year into disarray. I checked, double checked and triple checked my calculations over lunch time instead of scouting for another picture as originally planned. Sadly this just confirmed I had been a dodo! Oh wait, no, blood test confirm I’m just running on slow. No getting away from it though, Japan is off the table for this year. Poop!

Karen

View attachment 131663SIJ2018 Day 5 by donlaw200, on Flickr
Hampton is a colleague that is also a frequent lunch time friend. Today, he along with a couple of others treated me to lunch to celebrate my birthday. I ordered the 'Quesadilla burger' at Lankford Grocery a 'dive' that has been in business for 73 years. Caught this image while waiting for our burgers.
Well then... Happy birthday!!

Back