SiJ 2018 - Day Four.

@bilzmale :)

9B5AFC4A-9C42-419D-97B7-986243BB7788.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Didn’t think I was going to get one today, flat out at work and the temperature difference between inside the car and outside, coupled with high humidity made it almost impossible to get something that didn’t look like a bad attempt at vasoline smeared soft bokeh...

Parker Point iron ore port, Dampier Western Australia.

C2F11EC7-3485-4CB8-BA38-DD816D7AADCE.jpeg

I had to wait in today for a delivery, it came this afternoon just before the sun shone behind the cloud and in line with this hedgerow tree behind my cottage. I did have a banker shot from my front door early this morning, overcast, gloomy and damp. There will be another opportunity to get one like that this month for certain.
180104-1030732-sefx-1440.jpg

Winter tracery

Barrie

Flowering Crabapples, Malus spp., are ornamental trees that produce showy blossoms and brightly colored fruits known as pommes. There are some 30 distinct species of crabapple and hundreds of cultivars, making exact identification difficult. This particular tree has brilliant white & pink flowers in the spring, and holds its fruit through the winter. Other species drop the fruit when it ripens. Crabapple fruit tends to be very sour, even bitter, although some varieties are used to make jelly.

Day 4.JPG

Flowering Crabapples, Malus spp., are ornamental trees that produce showy blossoms and brightly colored fruits known as pommes. There are some 30 distinct species of crabapple and hundreds of cultivars, making exact identification difficult. This particular tree has brilliant white & pink flowers in the spring, and holds its fruit through the winter. Other species drop the fruit when it ripens. Crabapple fruit tends to be very sour, even bitter, although some varieties are used to make jelly.

View attachment 131582
My Mum used to make crabapple jelly. It was quite nice but I preferred other kinds of jam. We had a tree in the back yard. No idea what kind, I didnt know there were so many different cultivars.

I'll be a bit professorial for a moment, da' weather really sucks up in northern Vermont today. No way of getting out for a photo moment.
Also, let me apologize for my "imaging sin". I have been testing out an aging Jupiter 8 50mm f2 on my M-E and R-D1s and wondered how it would do on my X-E2. Quite well apparently. 'Sorry for the indiscretion. ;-)
. . . David
Carousel - X-E2 and Jupiter 8.jpg

Back