SiJ 2018 - Day Nine.

Still a fair bit of Autumn detritus in our yard, including these leaves and acorns from Northern Red Oak, Quercus rubra. I shall eventually get everything picked up; we have so many huge trees around the house that I did 2 major leaf clean-ups, then about halfway through the third time shrugged and said "That's good enough for now. I'll finish it later."

Later has obviously still not arrived.

Day 9.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 131843

Day Nine - the wrong way to eat an apple

Every work day this year I’ve been carrying an apple in my bag. It’s part of my New Year health kick. I bring it out of my bag, display it on my desk - look smug - then, at the end of the day, throw the apple back in my bag and bring it home with me. I’m not wasteful, I put the apple back in the fridge, sleep, then repeat. I like apples okay but never found myself thinking “I’ve got to have an apple”. Except tonight, had a fresh pot of pip ‘n’ nut peanut butter and nothing to put on it .... till I pulled out the apple. Chopped apple covered in peanut butter. DING DONG!!! Not sure it’s completely healthy, but seriously DING DONG!!! Shame same couldn’t be said about my photo today. Weather was just grey this morning so the shelter window was the best (only) shot I could muster.
There's absolutely nothing unhealthy about peanut butter. It's one of those things (like coffee) that is just too wonderful not to be healthy!

I already knew you were an outstanding photographer. I am now also quite impressed by your wit.

Cheers,

Antonio

Back