SiJ 2018 - Day Two.

Storm front coming in over the catchment area of the Harding Dam. It keeps threatening like this every day but we’ve seen bugger all rain so far this “wet” season...

Taken in the panorama mode of the GX85 which is a little bit disconcerting/difficult to shoot because of the rapid fire shutter making the camera shake around a bit. I think the IBIS kept up this time but I might use electronic shutter for my next attempt...

3EC09CAC-F557-414C-9B3A-0C2B52288416.jpeg

907CFF8C-6715-4480-A05A-91E473EBBB0E.jpeg

Day Two - the wrong socks

It was not until I reached the edge of the Loch on Day Two that I realised a theme was unwittingly playing out in my Single in January quest. Now, if I had not already provided a clue in my title, you would be forgiven for blaming the leaf. But don’t blame the leaf, he was just the picture. No, it was my husband’s choice of words again. As he looked along the path that I had intended us to follow, he simply said “wrong socks” then turned and hastened back in the direction of our car so that he could coax life back into his cold feet. It was a little bit nippy in retrospect and I had stood for a while at the water’s edge watching the birds. I wasn’t keen but it was just as well I followed him as it saved me from being drenched in a sudden but torrential downpour. I don’t think the LX100 is weatherproof. The roads were quite flooded on the drive home. Storm Eleanor was certainly coming.

Karen

My goodness, that cat is an absolute mirror image of my sweet Gerta, who passed away three years ago this month.
That's Vinnie who is now 13 and a very handsome boy. I also have two other cats who are 9 year old sisters. No doubt there will shots of them later if the weather is manky and I'm running short of subject material.

Back