SiJ 2018 - outtakes and experiments

Just up the road from my main choice for the day.
DSCF5440.JPG

Today, based on more crappy weather, I wandered around in the house looking for yet another subject that I might be able to turn into a still life. I used the "CL", processed an image and posted it. Then in mid-afternoon our younger son, who works a couple of hours away as a courier in a more urban area called home. I couldn't help but notice the smile on my wife's face.
And now for the "rat rod" story. A couple of years ago I bought a used X-Pro1. It was a bit "tarnished" cosmetically but functioned much better than the first version of the camera I sold quite a while ago. My wife calls it my "Rat Rod". (Rat rod - Wikipedia) This afternoon for some reason I had mounted up an XF 35mm f2 on the camera body. It was sitting on the lefthand side of the desk. A Leica CL on the righthand side with a 23mm f2 Summicron. I grabbed the "rat rod".
'Thought I'd share the grab shot. I wish I had posted it earlier. ;-)
. . . David
Darlene talking to Dylan.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is one of two new super-wide acquisitions (the other's the better-known Laowa 7.5mm f2 for :mu43: :)): an Arsenal Zodiak 8 fish-eye lens for the Pentacon Six; the 18.5mm's cap is in there for scale. It's a humongous piece of glass - but it's made astonishingly well and handles nicely on the camera it was made for.
SiJ2018_25_02.jpg

On a more technical note, shadow recovery was again quite impressive ...

M.

This is one of two new super-wide acquisitions (the other's the better-known Laowa 7.5mm f2 for :mu43: :)): an Arsenal Zodiak 8 fish-eye lens for the Pentacon Six; the 18.5mm's cap is in there for scale. It's a humongous piece of glass - but it's made astonishingly well and handles nicely on the camera it was made for.

M.

Wow - that front element, I don't have enough fibercloth in the house to polish that I think...

Back