SiJ 2018 - we made it! Thinking back - and ahead ...

Should we adapt the "Single in" challenge to be more accessable or keep it pure and simple?

• I would like to keep the SiJ challenge as it is - yearly, in January, period.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I would agree to an occasional break in the pattern - like additional months.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I would prefer a nine-month pattern in order to get variation in subject matter.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • The "Single" aspect is to be held up: one camera, one lens, preferrably a prime.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • People's choices are theirs entirely - everyone should choose whatever they prefer.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • We value perseverance and dedication - those who participate see it through.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Nobody wants to have to contribute sub-par images - we should tolerate breaks.

• Let's be lenient and accept any contribution anyone can afford to make.

• Total voters
Matt did a great job of 'running' the SiJ 2018 and as he is prepared to do the same for the SiO 2018 I suspect we will all be pleased.
I haven't missed starting an Si? yet, although I did bail out once, and will use my new-to-me Fuji X100T this time.

Once again I'm happy to set each daily thread up.

I'm in. Of course, choice of equipment will be a game time decision. :D After all this new FF gear talk, I need a challenge to get me shooting.

Last edited:
I’m in. I don’t have motivation, but I’ve found that my theme approach in the past years helped tremendously in getting motivated along the way. I’ll probably use the GX9 and 20, since that’s my daily driver nowadays. Now what theme to pick this year....

Back