SiJ Book - Will you let us use your photos?

flickr of course treats as full size whatever size you upload & then downscales for the other sizes. So some people's full size will be bigger (or smaller) than others.
Plus the dpi/ppi issue - I bet a lot of people upload at 72 whereas for printing 300+ is preferred isn;t it?

dropbox/email probably overall better even though flcikr very convenient for me

Thanks Luke - I wasn't trying to pour cold water, just get things right. In a similar vein, I think that the way dropbox works (I use it between home and work machines and my Tab) is that everything is everywhere, so if we use a dropbox account we will all have the same files. Yousendit is better - it allows the sending of large files or, as I have already said, set up a Googlemail account for the purpose.

You need to tell me exactly what to do

my images are in LR

what pixel size should I export at?
what file size should I export at?
this 300 dpi or 72 dpi - what is that all about?

do I just export the RAW file converted to a jpg at the biggest physical size that there is plus the biggest file size

i.e. I just untick the restriction boxes in LR

what other info do you need - our full names and where we are ........any other

also can we get this book printed in the UK etc., - or will all the books be ordered centrally and then shipped or whatever

payment - do we just Paypal an amount to some account or what

My 4 are ready when needed.

Likewise

Although I ran into a bit of a hiccup, I found out that I have erased all my original files other than the ones I have submitted for SiJ (as I didnt expect a book in the future :sad010: ), so the maximum size of my images are the ones allowed in seriouscompacts. I'm still very keen in submitting and purchasing a copy of the book, I'm thinking of a way around it.

Likewise

Although I ran into a bit of a hiccup, I found out that I have erased all my original files other than the ones I have submitted for SiJ (as I didnt expect a book in the future :sad010: ), so the maximum size of my images are the ones allowed in seriouscompacts. I'm still very keen in submitting and purchasing a copy of the book, I'm thinking of a way around it.

I opened some in PS and resized up. Will that work?

Yes, I'm in.

Have a question regarding the exports - I typically put a white border around my pictures but I assume there will be some white space around the picture in the book so should I export them without this extra white border?

-Thomas

Hi Nikki,
It's not entirely clear to me whether or not flickr applies any compression to the JPEGs so they will be emailed full size to me. After doing some more planning on the book, our initial estimate of 4 photos per person will yield a book that is frankly too large (as well as being cost prohibitive). So I've just started a thread here ....... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f88/sij-book-front-back-cover-photo-search-6777/ detailing our search for a front and back cover photo. Once we have those selected (we'll have a poll early next week so people have time to make their selections) you can get down to selecting your 2 shots for the inside and I'll get everyone the pertinent information regarding particulars.

Back