SiJy 2019 Day 10

Jan 28, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Decided to shoot in-house. This is my little workbench where I fiddle around with electronics.

View attachment 201467
This is an HDR composite from 7 exposures (-3...+3 EV), the dynamic range was quite high. The wired box mid-left was my latest project, a MW (AM for our American friends) loop antenna.
Looks like my father’s man cave as it used to be :)

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
3430 bikes at 343 stations all over the cities of Helsinki and Espoo ready to run. 3 200 000 trips in 2018, approx. 2 kilometres per run. Is this eco-city or what? :D

View attachment 201490
I have never liked city living, but there's a part of me that envies those of you who can bike to work. Although I live near a small city, the traffic between my home and work is horrendous . . . but in 2 months and 19 days, it will no longer be an issue! :D

addieleman

Veteran
Oct 20, 2012
The Netherlands
I have never liked city living, but there's a part of me that envies those of you who can bike to work. Although I live near a small city, the traffic between my home and work is horrendous
Almost all of my working life I've been cycling to work, which has been great. Now I have to bike for 15 minutes to get in the city center for street photography, also great. And if I want to go to another city I bike and take a train, like today when we went to Amsterdam. I only go by car if bike + public transport is really impractical.
. . . but in 2 months and 19 days, it will no longer be an issue! :D
Retirement coming up?

Hageneth

Veteran
Jan 8, 2017
Suffolk.UK
I cycled or ran to work from 1968 until I retired in 2008, 40 years. The first 25 years was in the sticks and I wouldn't have swapped it for any other form of transport. Never had a car and never wanted one. Still cycle at every opportunity.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom