SiJy 2019 Day 10

Another view from the apartments.

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3430 bikes at 343 stations all over the cities of Helsinki and Espoo ready to run. 3 200 000 trips in 2018, approx. 2 kilometres per run. Is this eco-city or what? :D

View attachment 201490
I have never liked city living, but there's a part of me that envies those of you who can bike to work. Although I live near a small city, the traffic between my home and work is horrendous . . . but in 2 months and 19 days, it will no longer be an issue! :D

I have never liked city living, but there's a part of me that envies those of you who can bike to work. Although I live near a small city, the traffic between my home and work is horrendous
Almost all of my working life I've been cycling to work, which has been great. Now I have to bike for 15 minutes to get in the city center for street photography, also great. And if I want to go to another city I bike and take a train, like today when we went to Amsterdam. I only go by car if bike + public transport is really impractical.
. . . but in 2 months and 19 days, it will no longer be an issue! :D
Retirement coming up?

I cycled or ran to work from 1968 until I retired in 2008, 40 years. The first 25 years was in the sticks and I wouldn't have swapped it for any other form of transport. Never had a car and never wanted one. Still cycle at every opportunity.

Back