SiJy 2019 Day 11

Feeling such a lazy ass bum. Went out to scout a new location and what gorgeous scenery there was, a galore of stone textures and all things that a sharp, contrasty lens captures like it was destined to do.

But the shot that shows below comes from the very first scene and it's the shot #3 of the 200+-shot walk.

View attachment 201536
Love it, great capture!

Precious little time for shooting and lots of rain (from a drizzle to a downpour). So I had to take what little I could get.

LM101854.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Feeling such a lazy ass bum. Went out to scout a new location and what gorgeous scenery there was, a galore of stone textures and all things that a sharp, contrasty lens captures like it was destined to do.

But the shot that shows below comes from the very first scene and it's the shot #3 of the 200+-shot walk.

View attachment 201536
I’ve done that. Still, this a great shot. That couple just pops againt that moving red bus.

Day 11. Tired, but still trying to keep up with you all. Trying to stretch my understanding of the 20mm focal length on MFT. Here is my meager selection for today. I'm afraid today my outtakes are just as interesting as this.
View attachment 201559
Interesting. I was about to say that I could not see a photo, but when I hit reply, it turned up in the reply. Weird. Anyway... Nice one, but I like the outtake one better, also.

I am just having fun learning how to shoot video.

But to answer your question: My colleagues at work are big fans of Stephen King. I’ve not read the book “It” or seen the film but they told me that the red balloon was used by one of his characters, Pennywise, to lure his victims in. My colleagues asked me to include the red balloon in one of my videos in the same vein as Pennywise but I’m only working with a very patient husband in a gas mask, not a clown mask, and my ”extras” are complete strangers who don’t know they are being filmed and, for obvious reasons, we don’t want to actually scare them just to give the story more context in the video.

Sorry you didn’t get it/like it. Good news (?) I’ve got 20 more videos to shoot until the end of this challenge to win you over!

I am just having fun learning how to shoot video.

But to answer your question: My colleagues at work are big fans of Stephen King. I’ve not read the book “It” or seen the film but they told me that the red balloon was used by one of his characters, Pennywise, to lure his victims in. My colleagues asked me to include the red balloon in one of my videos in the same vein as Pennywise but I’m only working with a very patient husband in a gas mask, not a clown mask, and my ”extras” are complete strangers who don’t know they are being filmed and, for obvious reasons, we don’t want to actually scare them just to give the story more context in the video.

Sorry you didn’t get it/like it. Good news (?) I’ve got 20 more videos to shoot until the end of this challenge to win you over!
See? My take was a reference to the movie from Iran, not Steven King. Must watch your video today.

Back