SiJy 2019 Day 15

Morning shadows - in-camera BW conversion
R0099842.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have the inspiration but not the opportunity at the moment. Was going out on the bike today but the washing machine decided it was to be otherwise. By the time I had drained it and arranged a new one I was looking for a get out of jail shot so settled for this one.
Pigeon aerobatics
IMG_0823.JPG

Day 15. Quick walk to the grocers for something urgent (it seemed important at the time I bet). Along the way I found these hastily executed gang markings. The gang members were all dressed in their gang colors, which included hard hats, but would not allow pictures - with the poor excuse of "I don't think the city would want me in a photograph." They just don't get the "art" angle.
So, sadly, all I could get was a quick snap of these tags they left to mark their territory. Sigh. :)
15-7157807.jpg

(Edited to insert the correct image. I switched to the 20mm thinking of this thread.)

I’m not usually a plane spotter but they were the only moderately interesting movement I could see from the bridge this evening. One Easy Jet, one Ryanair and one Flybe, I think. British Airways flew over a couple of times too but I didn’t catch them. Edinburgh Airport was relatively quiet this evening, so is my video.

My son Antonio.

full.jpg

30mm is not my preferred focal length for head and shoulders portraits, but I recently read that as more and more people get used to the 28mm equivalent FOV of your typical smart phone camera, people are getting used to this look. I will include a version of this shot taken at 50mm in the outtakes thread to show the difference.

Cheers,

Antonio

Back