SiJy 2019 Day 18

Trying some long exposures of flowers dancing in the breeze. Stacked ND8 and ND4 filters.
View attachment 202012
Very intriguing - good thinking, nice effect. Simple measures, great result.

Too right ... In fact, in spite of having "inhaled" quite a bit of water today, it never seems to be enough.

I'm not sure I'd like to use these ... hilarious, but bugs just ain't my thing, I guess (I know they're probably ants - doesn't make enough of a difference ...).

M.

Rained nearly all day but the sky cleared late on and then rained again soon after I took this
IMG_0917.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today a package arrived with an addition to my Minolta SR-mount 28mm lenses collection. And here's my usual setup for photographing lenses; the camera is a Sony A7, the lens is a Minolta Auto Bellows 4/100mm on a Minolta Auto Bellows III. Lighting is with 2 cheap FalconEyes studio flashes and the table is from Novoflex (bought used, that stuff is frighteningly expensive).

S01-20190718-013-HDR.jpg

GAS comes in many forms. I've long had a habit of getting into a complicated DIY project, buying this or that tool, and putting it in storage when the project is over. I haven't used this tiny belt sander in 10 or even 15 years. I saw a video recently where a guy was using a commercial unit to sand ukulele parts, so inspiration struck. I grabbed a few pieces of scrap plywood from other projects, and put together a stand to hold the belt sander stationary while sanding. I'm going to add a small platform in front of the belt to keep the work pieces square to the sanding belt. Ear plugs are a must - this little thing is noisy!

Day 18.JPG

Star Trek cats? Must get that from someplace.
Think the kids got it from Amazon, or at least I know it's available on Amazon in the US.

The figurines are from South America and the picture is a drawing commissioned from one of the kids friends of a picture I took years ago. Can't remember where the crystal cat came from.

Last edited:
SiJy, Day 18. I overdid things yesterday, so today was about not being on my feet and letting the knee rest and recover. No photos, so this evening I quickly set up a tribute to the camera that convinced me MFT was okay for business. It was not my first digital, but it took awhile for me to be convinced that I could use the MFT sensor and deliver great results to clients and galleries.

The ground-breaking Olympus OM-D E-M5. Nearly the same size as the Olympus OM-1 I had back in my youth. Quick and dirty; glass dining room table and a couple of gridded strobes. Evening, so easy to kill the background (lazy, so no backdrop, just kill the light). Not a finished piece, but I shot an image for this thread today, so there (sticks out tongue and wiggles behind). ;)

I thought of photography today, and I did my assignment of using just the 20mm lens on the E-M5.2. Yay for assignments!! Most time was spent cleaning dust from the front element because, lazy lighting.

18-51.jpg

Think the kids got it from Amazon, or at least I know it's available on Amazon in the US.

The figurines are from South America and the picture is a drawing commissioned from one of the kids friends of a picture I took years ago. Can't remember where the crystal cat came from.

:) Went looking as soon as I sent that last post. Ordered that *and* the TNG one right away :)

Back