SiJy 2019 Day 2

I am still feeling my way into the rhythm of this challenge (I want to call it an assignment to give option to the culture of dominance.). Today I went to watch the game at a local pub. Thought especially of the English folks on this forum, as I don't think many folks in the U.S. know the World Cup is being played. Good, physical game; the U.S. held on to win 2-1; with God on our side to block a penalty shot.
Here is the first goal - with the keeper in the air and the ball not yet in the netting. Centered between 2 American flags. Pretty cool I thought.
Single click. Maybe I "Still got it" (my shutter timing) after all.
View attachment 200815

Very entertaining football these women play. I've followed closely the tournament. By the way, I think the name of your goalie is Alyssa, not God ;)

Nice picture!

The 90/2 is my second most used lens (after 16/1.4) - I agree it is pretty versatile and better as a walkaround than I expected.
Thanks Andy - yeah, it surprised me a little. I like using it, I just need to spend more time doing so.

Packed, and off to another conference...
DSC_0238.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you, but I am a bit perplexed by your reaction. The name translates to “Sweet Name of Jesus Cathedral” and it is, in fact, the name of our Catholic cathedral in Caguas.
Yes. I read it and could not get the voice of an elderly friend from Georgia out of my head. Try as I might I kept reading it in her voice. She would often begin a story with "I swear in the Sweet Name of Jesus..." - but you have to hear it in black southern grandmother's voice. When you do, you and God can have a chuckle too. :)
Thanks, and cool image catching the lights that way.

Yes. I read it and could not get the voice of an elderly friend from Georgia out of my head. Try as I might I kept reading it in her voice. She would often begin a story with "I swear in the Sweet Name of Jesus..." - but you have to hear it in black southern grandmother's voice. When you do, you and God can have a chuckle too. :)
Thanks, and cool image catching the lights that way.
I get it now, and can almost hear her say it!

Cheers,

Antonio

Back