SiJy 2019 Day 25

jyc860923

Top Veteran
Name
贾一川
Hi folks, post your photos to the 25th.

This is mine, I spent too much time on this one and wasn't really sure how to get it right, so here it is.
IMG_6081_Canon EOS M50_1_20_5.6_640_32.0 mm_EF-M32mm f_1.4 STM.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But this is the temperature in the living room, it’s about 32 outside and I can’t summon up the energy to get anything better!
I hear Heathrow Airport reached 36.7c a short time ago, the hottest July day in the UK.
Every time I read posts about temps I have to take a minute or two to do the mental calculations of converting to Fahrenheit to know whether the temps are really hot or not. 😆

(Yes, I know, us silly Americans still use F while the rest of the world uses C. :( )

Every time I read posts about temps I have to take a minute or two to do the mental calculations of converting to Fahrenheit to know whether the temps are really hot or not. 😆

(Yes, I know, us silly Americans still use F while the rest of the world uses C. :( )
Hehe... I actually deleted that post, as it was just not up to standard for this challenge, and girded my loins to get out into the garden. Anyway, I know 90F is nothing to most Americans, but you have aircon everywhere!

Hehe... I actually deleted that post, as it was just not up to standard for this challenge, and girded my loins to get out into the garden. Anyway, I know 90F is nothing to most Americans, but you have aircon everywhere!
Whoops, sorry, I had the response started in a window and got distracted by the Day Job and finished after. A/C is pretty common, and these days is expected for offices & retail places, but at home a lot of folks still don't have it. The more rural you go the less likely you are to find A/C and, at the other end of spectrum, some of the heavily populated areas of cities with old building are likely not to have it either. In the middle of that I'm pretty sure that American suburbs in Summer time with A/C are responsible for a big chunk of US energy consumption! :eek:

Seeing your posts while recovering is a bit of a motivator for me in that is shows I have no excuse for not getting in my daily health walks even with the heat we've been having or working on my To Do lists around the house. 🍻

Back