SiJy 2019 Day 25

Day 25. Final morning in the cabin. This little spot was the first place the sun hit in the morning. I wasn't quick enough to get it when the spot was illuminating only the tiny sapling. Temperature was 58F when we left the cabin, and 81F when we arrived home. Yuck.

Day 25.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think it suggests "too hot to venture out"

I did venture out, but had to visit my sisters house to check on her dogs while she was at work. Temperatures are brutal here (we passed 40 C (104 F) today) and that’s no fun for animals. She had all blinds and curtains closed, which gave a nocturnal look. It’s a table where we had many great family diner fests. Last year the master chef of those fests, my very good friend and brother in law, passed away. The serenity of this scene struck me. So yes, it did feel as someone was missing. And it was bloody hot.

Last edited:
Way too hot and not enough time at lunch time. Heavy rain and thunder storms stopped me going out again when I got home from work so only an uneventful walk along the High Street in Edinburgh to show today.

Whoops, forgot I also caught the sauna (bus) along Princes Street.

Last edited:
Missed yesterday, got too active and crashed after dinner. Woke up late in the evening and forgot about the photos. Oops. Another rest day for me today, so another mundane.

Occasional treat for me - pepperoni and swiss, with avocado mayonnaise on dark rye. I know it's not for everyone, but I really like the flavor combo.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back