SiJy 2019 Day 26

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
I bet you're all glad I didn't get one of these earlier and set this as a challenge within a challenge (city dwellers would have been given an exemption).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

High noon in the barley

The combine has come to the end of the cut, the driver (Paul) has lifted the header and is reversing to turn 90 degrees and then begin the cut down hill out of the photograph to the left. More in the outtakes.

Barrie

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
I went tractor-hunting in earnest today; I took the bike - a debatable decision in this kind of heat (35C - in the shade), but it allowed covering more ground ... Again, I saw a couple in motion, but was either too busy cycling or not fast enough to get a good shot (I tried). So I thought I'd look for them where they nest ...

LM102023.jpg

Slightly cropped to get rid of some of the blown-out sky areas and correct framing ...

M.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Man, if I hadn't moved to a city a couple of months back, I'd own this tractor game hands down 8)
You're certainly right - it's not difficult to find them around here, but many farms and shops have moved to the outskirts of villages as well; it's no longer a case of stumbling over them on every corner ...

M.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom