SiJy 2019 Day 31

I made it, although some pumps on the road. Our temporary house from the yard. For a month only, I hope.

51D47524-1A78-4344-BD60-567A511847CA.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just as SIJ '19 has come to a close, so too is the journey of the tenor guitar's construction nearing an end. What began as a set of drawings on a sheet of paper will soon culminate in a functioning musical instrument. I was hoping to complete the project by the end of SIJ, but I still have a few details to iron out before I begin the lengthy process of pore filling and applying the finish to the guitar. This project has been a sort of milestone for me; it is the first instrument I've built completely from raw wood, including carving the neck and cutting out all the body parts.

View attachment 202918
Please make sure to post pictures of the completed instruments. The process has been fascinating to watch.

Cheers,

Antonio

Final one for this challenge for me. Following on from yesterday's picture, today there was a one-off exhibition of photographs taken by my parents between 1950-2000. The subjects covered lots of local events as well as royalty and some (in)famous people (e.g. Enoch Powell) who passed through Caithness at some point.

DSCF0419.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back