SiJy 2019 Day 5

A trio of fretboards, from front to back: tenor ukulele, baritone ukulele, and tenor guitar. The two smallest I purchased ready made, the other I'm making from scratch for one of my current projects. There are all kinds of ways to mess up a fretboard - the fret slots must each be exactly perpendicular to the centerline, and the distance between frets exactly marked, otherwise the instrument will not play in tune. The foam in back holds fretwire cut to length for the rear fretboard. An 18"/46cm rule is shown for scale.

View attachment 201018

I'm enjoying this series, especially since a friend (ex colleague) is learning to build guitars. He would love to see the shots.

Two for the price of one...
DSCF9187.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anyone who has visited my Flickr page in the last year or so will probably think I am cheating, as this is a shot I have in fact taken before. Today, however, the sky was simply gorgeous. This is the Los Morillos lighthouse at Playuela beach in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Edited on a laptop (all that's available to me, as I am away from home), so please forgive any obvious mistakes.

48207568931_f89c7afc74_b.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Playuela by Antonio Ramirez, on Flickr

Cheers,

Antonio

Hi folks, it's the fifth in a row, thanks to Matt we now have two spin-off threads one for discussion and the other you can post your silver and bronze ones to. Have fun.

Here's mine, with the originally planned M50+32mm 1.4. With limitations comes my action to work on my years old to-do list.

View attachment 200929
An elderly middle class looking lady recycling newspaper for income.

The story behind it: Our subway newspaper is handed out for free to passengers, and a recycling drop zone is set for people to return and re-use the paper if they want to, eventually the paper will be recycled and the publisher will donate the recycling income.

Not just with newspaper however, there are often people who sees a profit in it and takes it into action. In China we have only started waste sorting in Shanghai recently, but for years a highly competitive recycling system is showing no sign of slowing down extracting plastic bottles, cardboards, metal and glass out of trash bins at rushing speed, almost always are the retired who in my opinion could really benefit from better sanitariness and quality of life than they are willing to spend on.

They were the first generation since our revolution, things for them then must be different.

Truly terrific shot! Nicely done.

A quick lunch time break visit to the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh passing by the notorious Worlds End pub. The museum allows filming inside for personal use.

Excellent - please tell us about the process that goes into deciding/ producing the music, a task I'm guessing is just as essential to the whole project as the video.

Excellent - please tell us about the process that goes into deciding/ producing the music, a task I'm guessing is just as essential to the whole project as the video.

I’m trying to keep it simple due to the limited time I have each day to shoot and edit the video. The DJI Mimo app has a limited but decent selection of music that I can choose from without worrying about copyright issues. I am just choosing whichever one is closest to the mood I want to portray in my video after the footage has been shot. I‘m not going out each day with a particular plan but instead just looking out for things that if linked together might portray some resemblance of a story or mood. I film about 10-20 minutes footage each time, then edit it as close to 1 minute as I can so as not to bore you all too much. Over the month I suspect I will get more fails than successes (music and video not quite gelling together in the way I might want) but I am hoping it stays fun all the way through.

Back