SiJy 2019 Day 6

jyc860923

Top Veteran
Name
贾一川
Hi folks, Day 6 is here. I'm posting on the go as it seems suitable for my photo story today.

Photo shot with M50 32 1.4, camera JPG.
20190705122031_IMG_4655.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2019 is in my opinion, the year that our "post-internet" lifestyle matured. Motorbike delivery diversified, meal, fresh, flowers, medicine, grocery or even proposal delivered to your door for very reasonable prices; to the left, shown are three brands of shared bikes, some are powered that cost a little more; not shown in the photo are a few commonly used payment systems for public transportations in over 200 cities that you can access with a swipe of your phone, wristband or keychain; memberships and electronic IDs you can store in phone apps that replace your wallets; people travel across the country carrying no cash; forged currencies nowhere to find and thieves unemployed.

Things like these reflect changes and sacrifices made for efficiency, which took years, but feel like overnight.

The first bus of the day to Dartmouth enters East Charleton at 07:52 this morning (so about 35 minutes before this was posted). It's passing the entrance to Home Farm where my cottage is located. I've broken my rule this morning and done some slight cropping to the image whilst maintaining the 4:3 ratio. This is what passes for a main road in these parts, the A379, in places it's narrower than this!

190706-1020137.jpg

Barrie

p.s. Now the exif data, such as it was, seems to have gone completely, technology, ugh!

p.p.s. I was shooting this in burst mode but started too early and the GF1 buffer filled up before the bus got as close as I would have liked, hence the slight cropping which has removed some of the foreground, a little of the left hand side and slightly more of the right hand side. Lesson, don't get trigger happy when your camera has a limited buffer capacity.

B

Last edited:
The first bus of the day to Dartmouth enters East Charleton at 07:52 this morning (so about 35 minutes before this was posted). It's passing the entrance to Home Farm where my cottage is located. I've broken my rule this morning and done some slight cropping to the image whilst maintaining the 4:3 ratio. This is what passes for a main road in these parts, the A379, in places it's narrower than this!

View attachment 201063

Barrie

p.s. Now the exif data, such as it was, seems to have gone completely, technology, ugh!

p.p.s. I was shooting this in burst mode but started too early and the GF1 buffer filled up before the bus got as close as I would have liked, hence the slight cropping which has removed some of the foreground, a little of the left hand side and slightly more of the right hand side. Lesson, don't get trigger happy when your camera has a limited buffer capacity.

B
That reminds me of Green Line Buses which used to operate in the London counties in the 70s before the M25 and all other motorways surrounding the place existed.

That reminds me of Green Line Buses which used to operate in the London counties in the 70s before the M25 and all other motorways surrounding the place existed.

A local company, Tally Ho, used to operate ex London Transport 39 seat Bristol LH buses round here, mostly as school buses, they might have been on the Green Line routes. They had automatic gearboxes and entered LT service new in the mid 1970's. One is now in preservation although most were lost in a fire.

Barrie

Stages of the binding process. Yesterday evening and early this morning I've been working on the left Maple binding strip on the unfinished ukulele, using a card scraper to get it flush with the Black Walnut side. The right side of the unfinished uke shows the bare binding channel, ready for the final piece. On the right is the ukulele I finished last October. I love the way the oil finish made the figure on the curly Koa bindings stand out.

The bindings on the side sound ports serve as both decorative statements, and reinforcements for the sound holes. The sound hole ring on the left is Sycamore from a branch I found in the woods about 10 years ago, and on the right is Cocobolo.

Day 6.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie,while most of the tractors around here are the big four wheel drive monstrosities we do see the occasional small tractor, usually belonging to a smallholding but every year on the first weekend in June we have the Woolpit Steam Rally where they have all older vehicles, some this year were over 100 years old. Only missed it once in I don't know how many years.

Back