SiJy 2019 Day 9

jyc860923

Top Veteran
Name
贾一川
Hi folks, it's the ninth day, and 9 is 3 times the charm!

Here's mine, Nino always brings me happiness no matter what happens in the day.

IMG_4787_Canon EOS M50_1_320_1.6_125_32.0 mm_EF-M32mm f_1.4 STM.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another early shot to catch the low rays of the rising sun (the forecast says that in this part of the UK we'll have the best of the sun today). A vintage roller recently dragged out of the hedge by Graham where it must have lain for some decades. (cropped to a 16:9 ratio which I felt suited the subject)

190709-1020212.jpg

Rusty Roller

(Exif data carried over, edited in RawTherapee and Gimp)

Barrie

Part of my growing little family of 4-string instruments. I used my shop time yesterday evening to play detective with the recently acquired 50s era Harmony baritone ukulele in front. It had a nasty buzz on the open E and B strings. It took some work on the saddle and a new bone nut, but it now plays clear and sweet.

Day 9.JPG

LM101837.jpg

I'm very sure the bird's not entitled to use the pole ;)

This is an early post, but after I ruined one of my most loved film cameras today, no more shooting expensive gear till tomorrow. It may sound silly, but I feel a bit shaken ... So, here you go.

Funnily enough, again, colours were distracting rather than helpful overall, so I went monochrome again - even though I was at first attracted by the colours in the water.

M.

P.S. Heading out with the super-cheap Canon IXUS 132 - let's see how it goes; if something worthwhile happens, I'll post it in the "Outtakes" thread (or the "small sensor challenge" one).

View attachment 201380

I'm very sure the bird's not entitled to use the pole ;)

This is an early post, but after I ruined one of my most loved film cameras today, no more shooting expensive gear till tomorrow. It may sound silly, but I feel a bit shaken ... So, here you go.

Funnily enough, again, colours were distracting rather than helpful overall, so I went monochrome again - even though I was at first attracted by the colours in the water.

M.

P.S. Heading out with the super-cheap Canon IXUS 132 - let's see how it goes; if something worthwhile happens, I'll post it in the "Outtakes" thread (or the "small sensor challenge" one).
So sorry to hear of your misadventure. :(

A View of the new Olympic Museum being built here; as seen through the circular fountain in "America The Beautiful" park; downtown buildings at the far left. During my bike ride this morning, before the heat of the day.
A cheat, I used the 20mm lens, but on the GX85 body I repaired awhile back. The lens is the critical part, but the body was still a simple joy to use - and focusses better than the E-M5.2.

9-1170261.jpg

Today has been cloudy, dull and miserable again and forecast to stay that way for the next 5 days with showers. Welcome to the great British summer. Went for a short walk this morning and this was all I could get worth posting.
The overgrown cemetery in my village. As bad as it's been in the 50 years I've lived here.
IMG_0681.JPG

Back