SiJy 2019 Outtakes

And my other option for day 9.

_DSF7286.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 9 outtakes - classic car show.

R0099618.jpg

R0099625.JPG
R0099629.JPG
R0099640.JPG
R0099641.JPG
R0099643.JPG
R0099653.JPG
R0099646.jpg

I could tell that was a GRII image straight away. Mine carked it after 4 years daily use, but I do miss it, even though I now have the GRIII. There's definitely a certain something about the sensor of the II.
The GRII is relatively new to me, so still trying to find its sweet spot. I liked the output here.

This needs an explanation. I have a young friend who is in our law school. She has finished the first year and did really well and now wants to transfer to a better law school. She was writing a brief for some part of that process. I went over this morning to let out her dogs since she's out of town and I had to chase the chihuahua into her office space. This was on her blackboard. Knowing her as I do, this is exactly how she psyches herself up and I was touched by it. In case you're curious, she's up in Boston finding housing because she was accepted by Harvard Law School.
ninja.jpg

My Day 10 Outtakes are a couple of casual shots I took on my walking about today. Today was a strange mood and a difficult choice; but finally the whimsy and graphic stuff takes a back seat to the real reason for these online forums - cat pictures!! That was my selection for the day.
10-7107347.jpg
10-7107355.jpg

Day 11 Outtakes are probably better than my selected image (it was experimental).
A different sunflower and different angle. No sun flare. I just painted my house blue and yellow, maybe that's what drew me to this.
11-7117425.jpg

A local independent bookstore. If you have one, please treasure it and frequent it.
11-7117416.jpg

We have a hazy day today and this was after a lot of post processing to make it look better.
View attachment 201576

The post processing was well worth the effort, lovely image, I like it very much, in fact I'd describe it as beautiful. Why's it in here instead of being the Day entry?

Barrie

Last edited:
Feeling such a lazy ass bum. Went out to scout a new location and what gorgeous scenery there was, a galore of stone textures and all things that a sharp, contrasty lens captures like it was destined to do.

But the shot that shows below comes from the very first scene and it's the shot #3 of the 200+-shot walk.

View attachment 201536

I made a collection from the rest of the 200 shots I made on Day 11, enjoy!

=> Kotkavuori

Back