SiJy 2019 Outtakes

A couple of outtakes from this morning's French impressionist moment, the single poppy in the barley was a close runner up for my Day 16 entry, but I felt that the back lit poppies didn't quite match my expectations.

190716-1140934.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

190716-1140963.jpg

Technology baffles me again, I put my usual thin black border round these and my day shot only for it not to appear when posted here, c'est la vie.

Barrie

I found the juxtaposition of those two guys quite interesting - one was constantly fiddling with his gear and moving the camera (I think he was birding), the other was all but stationary, reading. One in the sun, one in the shade. In the end, it wasn't quite possible to get a truely interesting shot.

LM101910.jpg

M.

This is the version of my Day 15 shot taken at 50mm instead of 30mm. The difference in perspective is quite notable. I actually prefer this shot, but alas, it was not taken with the lens chosen for the challenge.

View attachment 201855
Antonio by Antonio Ramirez, on Flickr

I was also remembering that when we did the first SIJ back in January 2012, one of my shots was also a portrait of Antonio. Here's that shot:

View attachment 201856
Antonio by Antonio Ramirez, on Flickr

What a difference 7 years make!

Cheers,

Antonio
I'd say the 30mm shot was actually quite good even though the 50mm shot looks more like a traditional portrait. One thing I'd try with wider angle portraits is maybe a more confrontational look since they tend to feel more personal anyway. Nice work.

Back