Silky Pix Pro 11

grcolts

Rookie
Just curious if anyone is using Silky Pix Pro 11 software? I downloaded a free trial and have been playing around with it a bit.
Would love to hear your comments on it if you are or have used this software.

Almost missed this hence the late reply.

Every year, just before my Adobe subscription comes up for renewal, I try out the competition to see if there really is a viable alternative to Lightroom and Photoshop. Late last year I tried out SilkyPix as I had fond memories of it when I received the then current version with a Fuji digital camera many years ago.

I know all software is sometimes a matter of necessity, technical or financial, but is also very much about personal choice and feeling comfortable with the UI. Personally I was underwhelmed when I tried SilkyPix Pro recently; not much power, too few features and far too much money. The initial cost of the Pro version would get over a year's Adobe sub. Alternatively Serif's excellent Affinity Photo 2 is a whole lot less, well featured in comparison, well supported and there's a large user base to draw on.

Almost missed this hence the late reply.

Every year, just before my Adobe subscription comes up for renewal, I try out the competition to see if there really is a viable alternative to Lightroom and Photoshop. Late last year I tried out SilkyPix as I had fond memories of it when I received the then current version with a Fuji digital camera many years ago.

I know all software is sometimes a matter of necessity, technical or financial, but is also very much about personal choice and feeling comfortable with the UI. Personally I was underwhelmed when I tried SilkyPix Pro recently; not much power, too few features and far too much money. The initial cost of the Pro version would get over a year's Adobe sub. Alternatively Serif's excellent Affinity Photo 2 is a whole lot less, well featured in comparison, well supported and there's a large user base to draw on.
Thanks for your input it is appreciated.

Update...these past few weeks I downloaded Silky Pix Pro 11 trial and have been testing it out. I ended up buying it as I really liked the results I was getting from that program. I bought it for the sale price so saved some money on the purchase. I will continue to use my current software of ACDSEE Pro for cataloging and its slide show but for my main editing will be using Silky Pix Pro 11.

Back