Fuji Silver x100 is on the way :)

JoeLopez

Veteran
Pulled the trigger on a clean used X100 today, should be here soon. Downloaded the manual today and reading up.

Looking at the following items based on browsing the forum and the interwebz;

Red Lance Camera wrist strap (already have one on hand)
Expert Shield Crystal Clear screen protector on the way
Extra batteries - Wasabi NP-95 equivalent 2 pack w/charger - Anyone using these? thoughts compared to the $30 OEM?
Soft shutter buttons - various - Opera Act from Match Technical look very nice, but pricey. moregooder has some nice buttons made from recycled skate boards.
Thumb rest - what inexpensive versions are you using? Lensmate and OEM seem pricey
Lens hood - JJC silver seems like the best bet
SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 SDHC card

I wish I had seen that signature (said the man who thinks no one is looking for his X100).

The aftermarket batteries seem exactly the same to me. All the other items n your list are personal preference. I don't use straps, screen protectors, soft release buttons, thumb rests or lens hoods.

Let us know if you have any questions when it arrives....and show us some photos!

Thanks guys :)

I ended up grabbing an OEM Fuji lens hood used from KEH last night for just $20.
I do plan to wait on the thumb rest until I have a chance to carry/shoot the camera a bit to see how it feels. I have one on the Coolpix A and like it.
The soft shutter release is more of a customization than anything else. I do like to personalize my gear a little :)
While I have a nice long strap on my F3 film camera, I use a Black Rapid wrist strap 99% of the time on my D7100 and Coolpix A. I'll see how this camera feels before I buy any other straps.

I wish I had seen that signature (said the man who thinks no one is looking for his X100).

The aftermarket batteries seem exactly the same to me. All the other items n your list are personal preference. I don't use straps, screen protectors, soft release buttons, thumb rests or lens hoods.

Let us know if you have any questions when it arrives....and show us some photos!

List that thing for sale. I found mine on another photography related forum.

:)

I really like the size and setup of this camera. Bigger than the Coolpix A, but so much cooler :)
Arrived last night, had a chance to mess with the settings a bit and my OCF (off camera flash) gear. My NPT-04 triggers work fine as do the pocket wizards. Optical slave setup is nice as well. Disappointed my Nikon SB-300 speedlight won't fire, just another thing to put up for sale this week :)

Already threw on a 49mm B+W F-Pro UV filter, used the Zack Arias trick and took the glass out of a cheapo 49mm UV filter I had to use as a spacer. I did buy a nice used Fuji branded hood from KEH for $20.

Using the Lance Camera wrist strap I had laying around, I'll likely go to a regular camera strap after carrying this around for a few hours today.
The red soft shutter release button I also had already adds a nice touch. Maybe red strap is the way to go. We'll see.

Kit update;

The Coolpix A sold on ebay.
Scored a nice Lensmate thumb rest on ebay.

Thanks to a member of the X100 facebook group I frequent, I found out I do not need the UV filter spacer when using a hood setup. I had no idea there were threads inside the hood mount. Looks much better as well lol.

I ordered a nice used EF-20 flash to carry in the bag along with a set of NPT-04 triggers (smaller than my Pocketwizard Plus X gear). Listed the SB-300 for sale online if anyone is looking :)

I went with a red Lance Camera Strap to match the wrist strap. This will be easier to move from a neck strap to wrist strap due to the mounting design.

I figured I'd revive this thread for a bit. I should know better but I was browsing eBay and stumbled across a very nice, original silver X100 with fewer than 500 shutter clicks on it for a very nice price. It's on its way to my house even as we speak.

I had the X100T for a while and really liked it. I let it go to help fund my purchase of an X-Pro2. At the same time, many current and former X100 owners talk about how they prefer the files from the Bayer-array sensor in the original camera just a bit more. I'm looking forward to checking that out.

The nice thing is that I still have a spare NP-95 battery and leather half case that I can use with the new-to-me X100.

Back