Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 19

Hope I haven't posted this before - apples are one of the main food crops produced in this region. This sculpture was part of a Council initiative - other apples were provided and decorated in in different ways, then auctioned. This particular sculpture was created out of repurposed steel. The base is not level.

P2190098 Apple sculpture.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This photo has a bit of a sad history. A few weeks ago, a one-time colleague and friend passed away from leukaemia, which he had been fighting for many years. He said that he didn't want a fancy funeral or anything like that. So the old work team and friends got together at the Kawana Surf Club on Queensland's Sunshine Coast for a Celebration of Life.

Much remembering of good times and telling of stories. Lots of laughter too.

Anthony Takken RIP

This photo was taken from our table on the first floor deck of the Kawana Surf Club.

52697086222_3da5a1c984_o.jpg

Sunday is the day of rest.
Staying home today and taking it easy. These are just a few of my collection of shweshwe fabric bags.
I love the patterns and buy them euphemistically to store spare camera batteries in* ... but, ah, I just enjoy having them!

* they are small (sold as 'coin purses') and each can comfortably hold two matchboxes with a bit of space to spare

1800px_ZFC_1926 Shweshwe bags.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday, set the Fuji X-T20 to B&W mode as standard and discovered that the choice for double exposures does not necessarily have to be made via the touchscreen menu, but is also possible directly via the selection button on top of the camera :p must have the manual somewhere! Been busy building a new website from scratch for a (long) while, finally today I contributed something interesting, a responsive blog template.

Last edited:
Yesterday, set the Fuji X-T20 to B&W mode as standard and discovered that the choice for double exposures does not necessarily have to be made via the touchscreen menu, but is also possible directly via the selection button on top of the camera :p must have the manual somewhere! Been busy building a new website from scratch for a (long) while, finally today I contributed something interesting, a responsive blog template.

View attachment 367068
That's a really good double exposure, and I'm referring to the subject and execution and not the tech.

Access.
original.jpg

Looking at yesterday's cleaning, I realized with a little creative box placement I could have unfettered access to one wall of the bedroom. Something I haven't had since I started moving the storage room back in October.

Now I can easily access the dresser and night stands and go through the drawers for organization and maybe have another trip for donation. Once that is done I'll go through the closet looking for items I don't wear anymore and do another round of organizing and donation.

Challenge at this point is I still have enough clutter that I still have to move things to get to things, and I need to make sure I don't just shuffle stuff when going through things. Need to make sure to move things back and leave cleared spaces clear.

Spring has begun?
In the middle of the city, no less.

And Gordon, just saying, but ... without the flip screen of the Z fc, this image wouldn't have been possible. I usually keep it flipped closed, but at rare occasions, it helps me get the image I want. Funnily enough, the same was true on both the cameras I had with me over the last two days (the other one was the Canon G1X III).

M.

Back