Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 22

Goodness - I'm first to post again. I had intended to take the crystal ball outside today and try to be creative, but had a few jobs to do. Heavy rain is forecast, and like a lot of people I am very nervous after last week, even although I was barely directly affected. But I wanted to get a battery powered radio, as my last one died, because the batteries got old and leaked. Proved to be quite a task, but Jaycar had some. I am looking on-line for a more robust one as well.

Anyway no creative juices running, but I did sit at the park and enjoy the pond for a few minutes.

P2220234 Pond scene.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am afraid that this was another non-productive day from the photographic point of view. I took a look outside the front door and saw my rubbish bins all lined up from red top (general household rubbish), to yellow top (recyclables), to green top (garden refuse). Then I remembered why I had got into the habit of lining them up that way. - If I lined them up in the order of traffic lights, then if I took them out late on a Sunday night, I would know which ones to take out if it was too dark for me to see the colours of the bin lids. The red topped bins go out every Sunday evening, while the green and yellow topped bins go out on alternate weeks.

OM1G5382.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting this morning, ruminating over a cup of coffee... and thinking about how I am (or have become) a person who likes to know what time it is - and, by extension, almost feels adrift or unbalanced when I'm not wearing my watch. In the past several years, I have become partially addicted to my Apple Watch, but in the years and decades (and centuries?) prior, I generally wore battery powered watches, and before that (in those impossibly ancient days), watches with something resembling a real mechanical 'movement'.

So my subject today is simply my 'other' watch, and it seemed appropriate to give it a background of an opened page from the book, "Accidentally Wes Anderson".

GX9_Feb22_23_watch_on_book(l.mono.d).jpg

Does it stay or does it go...
original.jpg

One small bit of the minutiae, going through this old sling bag filled with photo-related stuff. The bag plus some other loose gear was in a storage tub and has been sitting packed away for almost 5 years now. I need to decide what to keep.

The soul-draining filing is now going to be handled for a short period of time each day until completed. Past a certain point my mind wanders and I start misfiling stuff, causing additional work. My tolerance for tasks such as this has dropped significantly.

Sitting this morning, ruminating over a cup of coffee... and thinking about how I am (or have become) a person who likes to know what time it is - and, by extension, almost feels adrift or unbalanced when I'm not wearing my watch. In the past several years, I have become partially addicted to my Apple Watch, but in the years and decades (and centuries?) prior, I generally wore battery powered watches, and before that (in those impossibly ancient days), watches with something resembling a real mechanical 'movement'.

So my subject today is simply my 'other' watch, and it seemed appropriate to give it a background of an opened page from the book, "Accidentally Wes Anderson".

View attachment 367823
I haven't seen the book but the Instagram account is well worth a follow.

Does it stay or does it go...
View attachment 367864

One small bit of the minutiae, going through this old sling bag filled with photo-related stuff. The bag plus some other loose gear was in a storage tub and has been sitting packed away for almost 5 years now. I need to decide what to keep.
There are something to be said about just throwing out boxes that has not been opened over the last few years, without even opening them... :drinks:

There are something to be said about just throwing out boxes that has not been opened over the last few years, without even opening them... :drinks:

Yup, but a good amount of the stuff I've been going through has been making its way to a donation point instead. Still, some goes to recycle or trash. If I haven't used something in 5 years, especially if it's been boxed, it goes on the chopping block for disposal of one kind or another (usually, about 90% of the time).

Back