Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 23

Sorry, no photos with stories to tell today. Just a detail I found interesting of a skid of carboard corner protectors.
Be at the factory until well after dark today, so...
Velvia. I'd have used monocrome, but would have regretted losing the turquoise.

DSCF1690.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Over to you, Rose....

How many birdies do you see? - A bunch of rainbow lorikeets waiting for a feed.

I was juggling between whether fast shutter speed (freezing bird movement) or minimum aperture (giving maximum depth of field) was the most important. I finally decided that, for groups of birds in a tree, depth of field was more important. Then pray for a moment when the little birdies stop moving. ;)

52705294797_1972cdf4dd_o.jpg

PS: I count 13.

Last edited:
Today was what I would class a good day. I had the afternoon off to go into West Bridgford to help uninstall our exhibition and I got there an hour early to take some pictures. This is the only one I have processed so far, but I think I have a few more that I will be able to use in future.
This is behind the Library and is a memorial for everyone affected by Covid.
I have cropped this a little, but not much.
XT3A5773.jpg

We've been enduring an ice storm the past two days, and most everything is closed today. I tried venturing out once to take some ice-covered-tree photos but the sidewalks are glare ice, and the ice is so thick it's even too slick to walk on the grass. I have some ice cleats somewhere but...maybe tomorrow.

So meanwhile, I just holed up today and have been matting and framing some new work to deliver to a gallery I sell through. Here's a new image from the Central Oregon Coast last summer awaiting the top layer of its double-mat.

MSP-022323L100-1.jpg

Back