Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 24

Day 24.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Comparing...

Thanks for posting - but as far as I can see, you're not usually participating in the challenge (at least you didn't announce your participation in any way I know off ...).

No worries, just saying ... we're 24 days in, though, so it might be a bit hard to catch up ;)

View attachment 368469

M.
Oops, sorry. Didn't realise that. Next time I'll read up on it first. My mistake.

No daffodils in the apartment. My brain is absent as well, for the rest of the day. So, food. But I did remember to increase exposure comp 2/3 this time.
original.jpg

It's become habit now, when I have a morning appointment I get little to no sleep. Rest of the day is a waste after whatever doc visit. Ate, put the leftovers away, going to try and nap for an hour or two.

Right after I check text again for more typos...

Looking at the photographs in Stephen Shore's seminal book, "Uncommon Places". One of which was taken on a remote rural highway near Klamath Falls, Oregon, which is just on the other side of the Cascades mountain range from the Rogue Valley, where I live. This photo is my foolish homage to Mr. Shore - holding his book up, in front of the small road by my house which goes up into the neighboring Siskiyou mountain range.

GX9_Feb24_23_Uncommon_Places+Rapp_Ln#3.jpg

Looking at the photographs in Stephen Shore's seminal book, "Uncommon Places". One of which was taken on a remote rural highway near Klamath Falls, Oregon, which is just on the other side of the Cascades mountain range from the Rogue Valley, where I live. This photo is my foolish homage to Mr. Shore - holding his book up, in front of the small road by my house which goes up into the neighboring Siskiyou mountain range.

View attachment 368494
That's great, Miguel! I know the image you're referring to. Nice homage :cool:

I am not sure if this will even post but it is a seven shot pano of my neighbors "place". The building on the far right houses his Helicopter and guest quarters . The tall one in the middle is the game / trophy building as he is a big game hunter and avid game player and the main house is to the left which is built with a sweeping curve and matching swimming pool along the whole front. What really surprised me and I am not sure if you can enlarge it enough to see all the detail the mighty little pen-f captured!
P2240049-Pano.jpg

Didn’t get this posted during the actual day, due to Picard episode 2 dropping on Amazon I’m afraid to admit.

This was my Friday night treat at the end of another week….

XT3A5821.jpg

I massively underexposed this, but it came back okay in Affinity. Applied my favourite High Pass Filter with linear light to make the bottle “pop” a little.

Nicely done, it's pretty close to the Droste effect by the way...

(Droste effect)

Thanks, Gerard, appreciate the comment. And I have to agree with you 100% about the Droste effect! Curiously, though I grew up in Southern California many moons ago and Droste was neither a common name nor an easily available brand in most store, it was my mother's favorite chocolate, and we always had a can of Droste chocolate in the kitchen ... and from a very young age, I spent what in retrospect now seems like an inordinate amount of time staring at the picture within a picture within a picture (something I believe mathematicians refer to as a regression ad infinitum), and being fascinated by its possibilities. So your Droste comment resonates with me and I especially appreciate it!

I am not sure if this will even post but it is a seven shot pano of my neighbors "place". The building on the far right houses his Helicopter and guest quarters . The tall one in the middle is the game / trophy building as he is a big game hunter and avid game player and the main house is to the left which is built with a sweeping curve and matching swimming pool along the whole front. What really surprised me and I am not sure if you can enlarge it enough to see all the detail the mighty little pen-f captured!
View attachment 368512
that's quite a "crib" he's got there

Back