Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 26

Unfortunately, it had warmed up too much by the time I got out today. I was hoping for some ice on the trees at one of my normal locations.

DSC00412.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I head out on a work trip tomorrow, this shows some of my preparation. As well as the Urban Photography book I have "The Essence of Photography" downloaded to my ipad - so plenty to inspire on a plane ride. I have packed my iPad so I do hope to process and post over the next couple of days to complete the challenge.
XT3A5879.jpg

Day 26 The Last of Us mural

For those that are watching the HBO series "The Last of Us" on the TV this mural was painted in a town called Olds in Central Alberta. We have only seen up to part six of the series but it has not been shown yet but there are still four parts to go. A lot of the series was filmed around Central Alberta so it has been nice watching it and thinking "I know where that is!!!" It certainly is worth a watch and is based on the video game of the same name and has been praised for sticking to story of the game.

As the mural is on the side of a building and there is an alley way between it and the next building this was shot from the middle of the street out front as using a 35mm lens on a mu43 body I had the equivalent of a 70mm lens to work with. The alley way is about 15feet wide so I have a straight on shot but it was taken with a different camera with a 10mm lens.

day 26 the last of us wall mural.jpg

Another trial with the Godox AD-S7 softbox that fits directly to the AD-200. With the front diffusion removed and the deflector plate installed it’s sort of a 17 beauty dish. It’s set up in a very straightforward beauty dish position. Directly in front, facing 45 degrees down, 17" (diameter of the beauty dish) away. There’s a reflector below for fill.

No fashion model available, but boy, look at those cheekbones!
BD_light.jpg

Back