Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 27

Day27engine1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really like this photograph, Matt.
And many people often talk about a lens having "character", which for me has always been a difficult concept to define outside of my own eclectic and subjective tastes... but this shot is definitely proof, to me at least, that your lens has real character.

When I first began driving in 1989, I noticed this car, but only in the wintertime when there was no foliage. It was at an old farm in an area that gave way to suburban sprawl. At the time it was either in use or recently vacated as it looked relatively upkept. Now it's fully in decay and has signs from a commercial realtor. I passed it recently and figured it's time to check it out. Along with the '63 Belair was some old farm equipment that I want to go back to photograph. There was a as described by it's tag a "corn picker". It was so mechanically interesting and operated by PTO that would have connected to a tractor via a driveshaft. Everything was ran from the driveshaft thru a series of gears belts and chains. I was running out of light and time by then.
1000950.jpg

When I first began driving in 1989, I noticed this car, but only in the wintertime when there was no foliage. It was at an old farm in an area that gave way to suburban sprawl. At the time it was either in use or recently vacated as it looked relatively upkept. Now it's fully in decay and has signs from a commercial realtor. I passed it recently and figured it's time to check it out. Along with the '63 Belair was some old farm equipment that I want to go back to photograph. There was a as described by it's tag a "corn picker". It was so mechanically interesting and operated by PTO that would have connected to a tractor via a driveshaft. Everything was ran from the driveshaft thru a series of gears belts and chains. I was running out of light and time by then.
View attachment 369289
Now that’s long term parking.

Heathrow, sometime during the last 24 hours. Just rolled off the plane into a long immigration queue then finally got to the hotel and had to pay for a colleague’s taxi because his card wouldn’t work and then wandered to the hotel bar to discover that last orders are at 8:30pm.
Oh, and using the Affinity Photo perspective tool on an iPad is horrible. So, this is the best I could manage…
XT3A5881.jpg

Back