Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 28

On this last day of February - and the last day off this year's SiF - first and foremost, a big 'shout out' and my thanks to (and admiration for) Matt (@MoonMind), for the insane amount of time, energy and creative thought for basically putting this entire month-long Challenge together, not merely on a daily basis, but months in advance! Muchísimas gracias and mille mercis! and what about all those cool bits and pieces of music & music videos to not only start each day, but to get the fingers and toes tapping...
Short version: this SiF rocked! And it isn't just Matt, obviously, seeing everyone's (changing and evolving and often unpredictable) photographs, on a daily basis, is and has been, in a word... inspiring. Thanxxx everyone!

My final post is just me and my GX9, in the mirror - my own way of saying thank you to Takayuki Tochio, the obsessive photo-imaging Panasonic engineer who almost singlehandedly developed the l.monochrome.d black & white preset that my camera has, and which makes it hard to ever use it for anything other than black & white.

GX9_Feb28_23_autorretrato_espejo.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 28 Clean Slate

This is a candle which Sue has burning on her desk and as it is snowing again (surprise!! surprise!!) I elected to do an indoor picture as my final submission.

Thanks Matt for an awesome challenge and all of the people that have taken part. There have been some wonderful submissions by all involved and I would like to thank you all.

Dave

day 28 clean slate.jpg

night.jpg

And now, the end is near and so I face the final curtain my friend, I'll say it clear, this been a good one. Even with the, for me, troublesome start making me miss the first 8 days and then use quite a few safety shots, but that is the name of the game.

Did I bond with the 42.5? No, but it does have its charm, and usability I found better than the 9mm BCL I used last time, even though I occasionally found it somewhat restrictive. An interesting tool to have in the toolbox anyhow.

I echo the others' THANKS to @MoonMind for putting this together, and for keeping it going! It's been fun seeing everyone's daily images over the past month. Needless to say, there are some really talented photographers here. Thanks everyone for sharing your work!

Here's my final image for SiF, captured between afternoon downpours a short while ago.

MSP-022823L100-4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to MM for putting this on it actually was a little tougher than I hoped it would be"It may be to my boring lifestyle" it did make me realize I am usually busier than I thought I am if that makes sense". I did spill a whole bag of popcorn on the floor before I said enough, let's celebrate a completed assignment! On a closing thought I shot the Voigtlander 17.5 f.95 last challenge and think I really enjoyed it a lot more than this lens. Of course I didn't shoot one portrait not even a cat "I think?". So maybe it will grow on me.
P2280010.jpg

Back