Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 28

Time catches up with time pieces

I was searching through some drawers for some spare attachments for my CPAP machine, when I spotted this. - An old battery powered analog watch which had been given to me many years ago as a birthday present. After many years of use, it started chewing up batteries at an amazing rate and so I figured out that there must be something wrong with the electronics. I tossed it into a drawer and forgot about it.

I suppose that it does tell the time correctly twice a day. 😉

OM1G5434-ORF.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I thought it would be nice to close a bit like I started a month ago, job done!
(in reality I'm far from finished in our apartment, I hurt my back exactly 2 weeks ago, my whole schedule is mixed up and the doctor tells me to stay calm for at least another 3 to 4 weeks and do nothing whatsoever somewhat similar to painting doors and windows or wallpapering, etc.)

Last edited:
ZFC_1657.jpg

Cave ...

The weather didn't really comply today, as it was dull and grey, but I think this shot illustrates very nicely what my chosen lens can do. If nothing else (and there was a lot of "else"!), the challenge helped me build a constructive relationship with this inexpensive little warrior - as I've already said in the discussion thread, that's about as good as it gets for a "Single in" challenge.

M.

Happier place.
original.jpg

Not done yet, still sorting and organizing stuff. Then time to collect remaining small bits and vacuum the newly opened space.

The storage tubs and 4 Pelican cases will sit in front temporarily. The tubs will be gone soon, one way or another. I need to find a spot for the cases, as I still use them. But what is in the snapshot is how it will look next week, until I can get the surround speakers sold off and gone.

I need to find keys for the fire safes, those are Mom's & Dad's and I need to go through them to see what needs to be kept. Once done those will be repurposed for my use or sent away.

A lot of stuff is going to donation, recycle or trash this week and next.

Too much smaller/ loose stuff, can't get rid of it because I use it or will be using it this year. I need to find some storage bins that will fit on the shelves and stack, and buy what I need at one time. I've been having problems with storage containers - buy something, find out it works well for me and I need more, go back to the store and the product isn't being sold (or produced) anymore. Mismatched bins don't stack correctly and waste space, of which I do not have enough.

Back