Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 3

This morning I went to Victoria Park for the IPWEAQ (Institute of Public Works Engineering of Australasia, Queensland) President's Breakfast and AGM. It was @%@% HOT! Afterwards, I was on my way back to my car and it was even HOTTER! (36 degrees Celsius and humid). - I snuck off one (1) shot while on my way back to the air conditioned comfort of my car......

The Brisbane CBD from the Victoria Park Golf Course car park. (I decided to play around with the 65:24 / XPAN aspect ratio):

OM1G5135.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Portraiture is what I read originally this lens is for, not that I do portraiture, apart from my dog. But I do enjoy "playing" with prime lenses, and using them makes me use my feet and brain a bit more. I do tend to be a recorder of what is around me, except when I become inspired to try a new technique .... so here is my dog. However I think he moved a fraction faster than I expected, and focus is maybe slightly off, on his chest, and not his face. I had also read a review of the lens by Robin Wong, and what he was shooting also suited me ....

P2030015 Duffy has the stick.jpg

Day 3 of the mess. Already made a lot of progress here, the space between the row of desks and the recliner was completely packed with boxes about 3" (1 meter) high, all the way to the patio door. Goal for this month in this part of the apartment is to sort through the remainder of stuff and organize what will be kept in a manner I can access the file cabinets, printer, scanners and patio door without restriction. Some of the books will be donated. And a box almost ready to be mailed sneaked its way into the bottom left of the snap. Once the spaces in front of the bookcases open up I'll start moving kept stuff things into final spots.
original.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, Dave.

I have to guess, unfortunately, but I think you want to know about "Single in" challenges.

There's a thread explaining it here:

For some additional background, see here:

If I'm mistaken about what you need to know, please feel free to ask.

M.

Back