Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 4

Today wasn't exactly a great day to take photographs. - Cloudy with patchy rain. So I went for a bit of a drive.....

From Wynnum across Elanora Park and Moreton Bay to St Helena Island, with the sand dunes at the southern end of Moreton Island in the distance. The photo was taken from here: Looking across Moreton Bay.

OM1G5137.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
The "out of sight, out of mind" stacks of stuff. Other than what's ratholed in the main closet, and closets won't be shown.
original.jpg

There are 18 tubs of one type or another containing papers and files - Dad's, Mom's, and mine. Probably will be the last stuff dealt with. The three cardboard boxes and the old stand in the corner will be getting dealt with this month and next, most likely 2/3 of it will be getting sent to family. My hospital go-bag and case with all my backup drives will stay where they are for a quick grab and go if needed. Once space is cleared out I'll finish an evacuation kit that will sit by the door.

Overall progress so far - 4 plastic grocery bags of books have gone to the bookstore for donation to the Public Library, one upper cabinet in the kitchen has been emptied and re-organized, junk mail has been dealt with. This weekend I'm working on going through remaining books and getting probably another 4 bags of books ready for next week, moving things to enable access to the printer/ scanners/ file cabinets, and finishing up calendar synching to clear the kitchen counter.

I promised something outdoor, so here it is. Dropped back to my favourite subject - lone trees. This is an HDR merge from two exposures separated by two stops, taken at f/5.6. The lens works well for this type of close in view but getting a whole tree, focusing is fairly straightforward using peaking but I do notice that critical focus is quite important even with a lens this wide.
XT3A5433.jpg

Back