Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 6

Back to the flooded Pakowhai Park. While some of the water has receded, it is very slow to disappear. I think the river the creek drains into might have a lot of back flow, as the mouth is twice as wide as usual. In the past most of the water would have drained by the next day, and the muddy grass would be dry enough to walk on in two or three days, but it's still impassable, and probably almost a week .... Hope you don't mind the back story, but it's interesting to me. A reflection of climate change?

P2060016 Pakowhai flooding and reflections.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The "bedroom".
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Right after the storage room was cleared, this space was literally filled, with the exception of a narrow path to the bathroom. I could access nothing without moving other stuff out of the way.

Over the last 2 months, in addition to other decluttering throughout the apartment, within this view I have been able to clear out enough stuff to have a path to and in front of the bookcases, and the large closet. I still have to move somethings on occasion to access one side of the closet, bottom areas of the bookcases, lower drawers of the dresser, etc... Main closet is long-term storage - seasonal clothing, boxes I need to keep, other things I rarely need to access.

A good portion of the stuff within view has to be gone through and sold. The next largest amount of stuff has to be gone through, discussed with family, and most likely most of it boxed and shipped to family. The multiple stacks of paper will be dealt with as I have time, now that I can again access the file cabinets. Once I am done, this room will only have stuff in the closets and along the walls, and a small side table and sleeping chair.

I'll show the space to the right tomorrow.

Back