Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 6

I feel this one deserves an explanation. We were walking the dog across the neighbouring field this morning and I noticed that one of the power lines was drooping significantly, so I notified National Grid - who then rang me and asked me if they should cut power to our village to be safe (not sure how I get that decision making authority) but then decided they would send someone to take a look. 7 hours later they decided to cut the power to the village, so I had to sit in the dark reading. The book I am currently reading is ironically "Chasing the Light"...
XT3A5506.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I feel this one deserves an explanation. We were walking the dog across the neighbouring field this morning and I noticed that one of the power lines was drooping significantly, so I notified National Grid - who then rang me and asked me if they should cut power to our village to be safe (not sure how I get that decision making authority) but then decided they would send someone to take a look. 7 hours later they decided to cut the power to the village, so I had to sit in the dark reading. The book I am currently reading is ironically "Chasing the Light"...
Nice story to go with the photo.

This tiny ancient car sits atop a pedestal, an automative advertisement for a local burgers & beer joint. It also is maybe a dozen feet up in the air, so most attempts to photograph it are from beneath, from extremely low angles. But today, I climbed up atop one of the unoccupied lunch tables, raised my GX9 up high, and used its clever touchscreen shutter to take this photo.

GX9_Feb6_23_car_on_pedestal#3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 364162
While the irony of your book's title is great, this may be an isolated experience for you. However here in South Africa scheduled rolling blackouts are a daily occurrence with up to 4x two-and-a-half hours slots per 24 hour period.

While the irony of your book's title is great, this may be an isolated experience for you. However here in South Africa scheduled rolling blackouts are a daily occurrence with up to 4x two-and-a-half hours slots per 24 hour period.
Sorry to here this. Indeed, this is an isolated incident for us and I was by no means looking for sympathy or complaining about our situation.

How awful. I made a decision a few years ago to always have a house with alternative heating and cooking method. E electric, as I recognized we were heading beck to a energy deficit.

I remember well. elecrticity black outs .... luckily we had a chip heater, so could still cook - especially important for my toddler's meals. at the time.

Back