Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 8

Poking around in an industrial part of town looking for subjects today, I stumbled across a bus graveyard. This "front row" group of metro buses was nearly identical, and the uniformity caught my eye. All replaced by hybrid/electric now, I guess.

View attachment 364621

Truly a brilliant image, Mark. Everything about it.
And forgive my technical curiosity but... what format is the image cropped to, exactly? 65:24...? Or...?

I like this shot a LOT, Bob... but it is also plaguing me that I can't quite figure out what your subject is. The presence of house siding on the right side of the frame indicates that it was taken outdoors - but the colorful lines of the vertical subject suggest that it is a modern painting on display at the New York Museum of Modern Art...

So what is this a photograph of, please?
Plugged and rusted downspout would be my guess.

I like this shot a LOT, Bob... but it is also plaguing me that I can't quite figure out what your subject is. The presence of house siding on the right side of the frame indicates that it was taken outdoors - but the colorful lines of the vertical subject suggest that it is a modern painting on display at the New York Museum of Modern Art...

That is a downspout on the restrooms near the library.

Downspout on the restrooms next to the Library

Truly a brilliant image, Mark. Everything about it.
And forgive my technical curiosity but... what format is the image cropped to, exactly? 65:24...? Or...?

Thanks Miguel, much appreciated. Yes, the crop was 65:24. I cropped in really close to the bus on each end - closer to my subject than I normally prefer - just to create a feeling of continuity.

Back