Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - day 8

Just worked 4 days in a row, unusual for me as I'm semiretired. and three in a row is usually maximum, but we are so short staffed ..... so rather lacking in energy and motivation to go out with the camera, even although it is a beautiful sunny day. Poor dog being neglected today. Hence this piece of Lego ....... my son loved it when he was little, and I kept it all. A large collection.

Not a great image technically as indoor is not my forte, but it IS an image :)

P2080003 Rocketman.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bored, waiting to get tired enough to sleep so time for Wednesday's snapshot. Being 100% honest, the wide angle distortion from the close distance was making my OCD twitch a bit too much, I broke down and applied some perspective correction. So, not completely SOOC. Mostly SOOC, with some straightening of lines.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Better. Still needs a little more work to get it where I want, but much better than a week ago. The bottom two shelves were packed front to back, had to dig stuff out of the shelf when I needed a spice or to refill weekly pillbox. Now, I just mostly rotate a carousel. Bottle rack is a big help. Top shelves don't get used for much that gets daily use, anything other than what's right at the front requires a small step ladder for me to safely reach.

Just worked 4 days in a row, unusual for me as I'm semiretired. and three in a row is usually maximum, but we are so short staffed ..... so rather lacking in energy and motivation to go out with the camera, even although it is a beautiful sunny day. Poor dog being neglected today. Hence this piece of Lego ....... my son loved it when he was little, and I kept it all. A large collection.

Not a great image technically as indoor is not my forte, but it IS an image :)

View attachment 364469
Love the colours on this one 😀

I happen to live quite close to the Loake factory here in the UK. Anyway, popped out this morning for a new pair of boots.

Took a few photos whilst there, so struggling to pick my favourite. I guess that's what the outtakes thread is for... ;)

View attachment 364520

Hmm, some very smart footwear there. What kind of prices do they go for.

Love the designs which seem quite traditional, and the fact they look reasonably foot friendly .... most of them anyway.

Hmm, some very smart footwear there. What kind of prices do they go for.

Love the designs which seem quite traditional, and the fact they look reasonably foot friendly .... most of them anyway.

They're not cheap as they are all handmade. They are however very comfortable, and "tough as old boots" haha!

A pair of brogue boots are circa £300.

Back