Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - outtakes day 1-7

I built a pottery studio for this artist 25+ years ago and she gave me this and a number of other pieces from the first firing. It is hollow and from what little I know about making pottery quite a challenge I should have shot it at F 7or8 I.Taken 2/6.
P2060018.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 7 outtake. I had intended this to be my shot today - a B&W image of some old farm buildings located in a city park near my home (the park property had once been a farm that was donated to the city some decades ago, but these buildings remain). However, when I arrived, the subtle late-afternoon sunlight on the brick building in the foreground made the orange/terra-cotta color really glow. Once I was working with the file, I liked the resulting B&W posted below, but I decided I liked the pop of color even more. So the color image became my selected image for the day after all.

MSP-20230207-L1000399-Edit.jpg

Day 7 outtake. I had intended this to be my shot today - a B&W image of some old farm buildings located in a city park near my home (the park property had once been a farm that was donated to the city some decades ago, but these buildings remain). However, when I arrived, the subtle late-afternoon sunlight on the brick building in the foreground made the orange/terra-cotta color really glow. Once I was working with the file, I liked the resulting B&W posted below, but I decided I liked the pop of color even more. So the color image became my selected image for the day after all.

View attachment 364405
I also found the terra-cotta tones excellent in your post Mark. On a side note you wouldn't be familiar with a corp called On-site would you?

So, did you find one? Inquiring minds want to know.
They carried only one, the Schott Melton wool classic model, 80/20 wool/poly. It would probably fit the bill, with a lot of wind and water resistance, an insulated lining, and a tall stiff collar to turn up when the weather is really nasty. It's not the softest, not scratchy at all but it's no merino or cashmere either. It's on sale for $225, so... not the price for an impulse buy. I may go back.

PXL_20230207_215211823.jpg

Classic. Being well constructed wool, they aren't inexpensive. Problem I had is most places I looked at them are asking too much considering the condition.

Classic. Being well constructed wool, they aren't inexpensive. Problem I had is most places I looked at them are asking too much considering the condition.
These are new Schott coats with tags. Worth it I think, as the same jackets are available from the manufacturer for $360. But a vintage one in good condition would be rather nice to find, especially as I've heard the '70s era wool ones were actually better wool than these.

Back