Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - outtakes day 15-21

LOL I keep looking at the ever increasing pile of stuff to be sorted and filed and going "nope"... :ROFLMAO: I'll eventually get around the that mind-numbing soul-draining task.

This afternoon I pulled all the plastic tubs from the upper storage shelf of the large closet and went through them. Found another 3 pairs of the pants I can get back into now, tossed into the wash basket for laundry day. Also went through the dresser. Pulled stuff for donation. Moved some things I won't be using unless I move to Vermont late this year. Made room for 6 bath towels, hand towels and washcloths in a dresser drawer. Went through the remaining towels and washcloths and pulled some for cleaning rags. That wall is now done (except the sprays, I'll find room for them when I get the under sink areas redone).
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ha, today I actually have an outtake. The other days has more or less been one motive shot in some different ways but nothing "worthy" of outtake status. Today I had several motives to choose from and and this fell through the cracks:

Outtake Day 20.jpg

The choice was somewhat simple, this one is more or less similar to what I have shot for most of the challenge, so it didn't make the cut when there was a possibility for some variety.

A relative of the one Miguel showed us earlier? It has the same kind of look ...

M.

Funny, Matt, but I was wondering the exact same thing myself.
One tends to see mounted deer heads in barber shops (where I saw mine) or old fashioned bars or service organizations, i.e. the Elks Club, etc.
And - it's truly a small world, but... my sister, a retired paleontologist who often played competitive darts at different pubs, had her own ancient mounted deer's head, which she had a acquired at a thrift store in bygone times, but which was sadly in the process of losing its fur.

Outtake, Day 20.

Another shot of my produce section monkey in the organic supermarket. I was shooting at wide open aperture and varying the focus point and didn't quite get it where I wanted it, in this one... but I rather liked it anyway, mainly because of the out-of-focus faces of the shoppers framing the simian.

GX9_Feb20_23_market_monkey_reading_hand#2.jpg

Funny, Matt, but I was wondering the exact same thing myself.
One tends to see mounted deer heads in barber shops (where I saw mine) or old fashioned bars or service organizations, i.e. the Elks Club, etc.
And - it's truly a small world, but... my sister, a retired paleontologist who often played competitive darts at different pubs, had her own ancient mounted deer's head, which she had a acquired at a thrift store in bygone times, but which was sadly in the process of losing its fur.
This one was found in a antiques store in Rosenberg, TX

Back