Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - outtakes day 15-21

Haha, Junior Samples - now there's some Americana!

I remember my grandmother had a party line when I was really young. My parents had a private line, so I recall thinking the party line was really strange. Same city, I guess my grandmother's part of town just got updated later.

If it was anything like our area, initially there was a limited number of private lines available and you had to pay a monthly fee to get one. A lot of people couldn't afford the line, or didn't want to pay. Dad was Army, and there were times the party line caused issues when he needed to use the phone, so he ponied up the bucks. Eventually all lines became private and the party lines went away.

The grand dogs are staying with us this weekend. This one is particularly on patrol for squirrels on the pool cage. Helps us sleep at day.

1676687967026.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Outtake of 18.

2023-02-18_1315_L1000134.jpg

An unfortunate mishap for one of the coaches, but one that gave me a good photo op. I think her rower malfunctioned and she had to sprint to a spare right next to me. But it's not the shot I planned, and this time I'm sticking to my plan! :)

Last edited:
I was thinking one of these for today, but then I was put onto kitchen supervision duty.

I am a member of two (soon to be three) photo groups. One is a traditional camera club with competitions etc. but the other is a limited group that is dedicated to mono prints. We aim to exhibit 2-3 times a year, and these are from our current exhibition in a Nottingham library:
XT3A5687.jpg
XT3A5685.jpg

Day 19, Outtakes

Some different angles on my skeleton biker in Portland Oregon.
A little closer--

GX9_Feb19_23_Skeleton_biker_PDX#2.jpg

A lot wider--

GX9_Feb19_23_Skeleton_biker_PDX#3.jpg

And even closer still--

GX9_Feb19_23_Skeleton_biker_PDX#4.jpg

There's a reason why the unofficial motto of the city is, "Keep Portland weird!".

Back