Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - outtakes day 22-28

ZFC_1610.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Showcase ...

The 7Artisans 35mm f/1.2 II, character, warts and all - I really dig this little lens.

M.

Well, that was easy. The old straps with neoprene were starting to deteriorate, so they all went into the trash. Some tripod parts, a loups, sensor brushes, a couple soft releases (not sure if I'll use these again), a couple Domke straps (same), and a couple high-absorbency towels (will go in the airshow kit for now) are left. Sling bag will get put back into use. I need to go through the remainder of my photo stuff tomorrow, might find more items to go.
original.jpg

My other still life attempts - really do need to read up on lighting.

Something very topical right now, just after a cyclone with widespread power outages, and a rain warning in place. The lovely young chap in the shop gave me four batteries and it only needs two, so I took two back today, but he said he did it deliberately so I'd have spares. It was so kind and considerate it almost made me cry right there, as he didn't charge me either. I am not in a flood prone area.

P2230246 Transistor Nik.jpg

P2230243 Stainless steel peg.jpg

My other still life attempts - really do need to read up on lighting.

Something very topical right now, just after a cyclone with widespread power outages, and a rain warning in place. The lovely young chap in the shop gave me four batteries and it only needs two, so I took two back today, but he said he did it deliberately so I'd have spares. It was so kind and considerate it almost made me cry right there, as he didn't charge me either. I am not in a flood prone area.

View attachment 367977

View attachment 367978
These look pretty good already, but if you want study material I have been working through Light: Science and Magic which is a heavy read but very thorough.

Day 24 - Outtakes

Two more shots of my homage to Stephen Shore's photo of rural Klamath Falls, Oregon, holding his book up on my rural Oregon street.
First, a slightly closer angle than the one I officially posted--

GX9_Feb24_23_Uncommon_Places+Rapp_Ln#1.jpg

And second, this one focusing more on my arm and hand holding the open photo book, which I rather liked, and was my alternate favorite of this tiny series.

GX9_Feb24_23_Uncommon_Places+Rapp_Ln#2.jpg

It was hard, picking which one to post in the main thread.

The one of your cat is very very cool, Steve - and rather mysterious as well: hard to say if it is walking through a shaft of ethereal sunshine... or a strange isolated downpour of drizzling precipitation. Who knows which it is? Only the cat knows... and it's not saying.
It's sunlight, maybe some flair. Whatever, the Prime 01 didn't handle it well.

This was my submission for yesterday day and what I mentioned was intriguing "for me" about the photo was the amount of detail the pen-f recored which as I later realized you can't see from just enlarging on the page so this is a screen shot of the detail not as good as the actual pic but you get the gist.
P2240049-Pano.jpg
P2240049-Pano-2.jpg

Back