Single In Single in February (SiF) 2023 - outtakes day 8-14

A few from my visit to Loakes this morning.

XP202205 1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
XP202210.jpg
XP202206.jpg

This is exactly the kind of shoe model I've loved for decades, thanks for bringing to my attention this English brand which I've now discovered is sold by a handful of shops in the Netherlands but never in my sights until now , prices don't really differ much from what I pay for handmade from unfortunately the last few shoemakers that are left in the Netherlands, such as van Bommel and van Lier.
I live near an area of the UK that is famous for shoemakers. There are several brands all based from around here. (Dr. martens for example).

Very traditional, but absolutely top quality shoes. Glad you like!

Check out Barker as well.

Day 8 Outtake

Returning from my walk downtown, in the small Oregon town where I live, I took an alternate route back home, walking along the railroad tracks... and saw these paw prints.

GX9_Feb8_23_paw_prints_on_RR_tracks.jpg

It was a toss-up, whether this photo or the one of the strange wooden (bird?) sculpture I saw would be my official entry... the bird won.

Day 8 Outtake

Returning from my walk downtown, in the small Oregon town where I live, I took an alternate route back home, walking along the railroad tracks... and saw these paw prints.

View attachment 364618

It was a toss-up, whether this photo or the one of the strange wooden (bird?) sculpture I saw would be my official entry... the bird won.
Bigfoot? ;)

Day 9 Outtakes:

I decided to catch the train in to the City and see what looked interesting to photograph. Having taken a few lion photographs, one of which I posted, I wandered off to South Bank over the Victoria Bridge intending to take a photo of the Brisbane CBD behind the big multi-coloured BRISBANE sign.

Unfortunately there were construction works going on in that area and, in order to exclude them from the photo, I had to get very close to the subject. Too close for me to frame the photo nicely within the reach of 12mm. - See first photo:

OM1G5205 1.jpg

I decided to resort to trying a panoramic stitching of photos. I took two overlapping photos and stitched them together using Capture One Pro 23. The result was much better, but not in keeping with the spirit of "Single in February" and so it became an "Outtake":

52679200416_a93551d747_o.jpg

Brisbane CBD by Laurence Griffiths, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 9 outtake. It was a cold, snowy, grey day here today, and I spent a little time creeping around some university research greenhouses, most of which were warm inside. There are lots of shiny new greenhouses, but I found some that are quite old and decrepit - much more interesting. This one was rather dystopian - there wasn't another soul around so it felt abandoned, yet there were many greenhouse lamps left on - but no plants anywhere on the premises. Rows of growing tables with lights on, no plants. So I could only conclude that the plants were taken along when everyone escaped.

MSP-20230209-L1000441.jpg

Back