Single In Single in Febuary (SiF) 2023 - day 7

A home-made "Flower Pot" that my lodger hung from a tree in my front yard.

OM1G5177.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I will probably regret posting this today. It is a static shot from the factory and I can re-take and use iit anytime, especially on on otherwise uninspired day.
But I like it and feel like living in the moment.
This is the business end of an Anderson-Cook Marand 250 spline rolling machine.
Vivid on this one, I fancy the colors in the casting and guarding and how they contrast with the oiled steel.

DSCF0566_DxO.jpg

Well seen and shot, Rose; I'm just feeling irritated by the subject.

M.

Yes, it's a real shame. It is truly a beautiful park, but in a deprived area, and sometimes I feel unsafe there because of the people who are there. It's a very mixed demographic really ........

It's the first time I've seen this though, although locals do take the trolleys home, then abandon them in the street sometimes. Also, they eat and drink there quite frequently, and leave the rubbish, and broken glass. Some of the people that I see eating and drinking, are RSE workers, who come in from the Pacific Islands like Samoa, for agricultural and horticultural work ,at certain times of the year, and for some of them the accommodation is horrendous. So a reason to hang out in the park. There was an article in the paper last week - 26 people sharing a small kitchen! I have also seen someone pitch a tent there a few weeks ago, so assume he was intending to stay overnight.

NZ has become a very divided country, of "haves" and "have nots", and it is becoming worse.

Yes, it's a real shame. It is truly a beautiful park, but in a deprived area, and sometimes I feel unsafe there because of the people who are there. It's a very mixed demographic really ........

It's the first time I've seen this though, although locals do take the trolleys home, then abandon them in the street sometimes. Also, they eat and drink there quite frequently, and leave the rubbish, and broken glass. Some of the people that I see eating and drinking, are RSE workers, who come in from the Pacific Islands like Samoa, for agricultural and horticultural work ,at certain times of the year, and for some of them the accommodation is horrendous. So a reason to hang out in the park. There was an article in the paper last week - 26 people sharing a small kitchen! I have also seen someone pitch a tent there a few weeks ago, so assume he was intending to stay overnight.

NZ has become a very divided country, of "haves" and "have nots", and it is becoming worse.
That happens a lot in Auckland, nowadays too, Rose. It's actually even worse now. If I get paid to return the trolleys for NZD10 per item as a side job, I will be able to buy the Ricoh Pentax K-3 III in four days!

That happens a lot in Auckland, nowadays too, Rose. It's actually even worse now. If I get paid to return the trolleys for NZD10 per item as a side job, I will be able to buy the Ricoh Pentax K-3 III in four days!

I imagine the flooding will have made things worse too - not necessarily the inconsiderate behaviour, but the homelessness. But of course that will contribute to the other . I really fear for NZ as it is going .....

I imagine the flooding will have made things worse too - not necessarily the inconsiderate behaviour, but the homelessness. But of course that will contribute to the other . I really fear for NZ as it is going .....
Yes, the flooding was brutal. We've been having a lot of problems with housing and it's just that, oftentimes, people find themselves suddenly locked out by policies, and without a house. Some were lucky to go back to their source countries just before they ran out of resources.

Yes, the flooding was brutal. We've been having a lot of problems with housing and it's just that, oftentimes, people find themselves suddenly locked out by policies, and without a house. Some were lucky to go back to their source countries just before they ran out of resources.

It's a coming together of all sorts of factors I think, and the floods have exacerbated it. I really do fear for many immigrant people who lived in the flooded areas and their back up people will also have been affected. So many problems ahead for them, and no housing available, before the floods. The planning of the councils needs to be under severe scrutiny. You simply can't keep bringing more people into an area without increasing the infrastructure. And I would take a guess that- because of the communal culture of Pasifika that the number of people involved, is likely way more than anticipated/guessed/calculated by the Council.

Other part of the bedroom space that wouldn't fit in yesterday's view.
original.jpg

I mentioned being able to get to the small bookcase and fill it with the non-photo books to be kept - that's it in the right corner. Still a bit cluttered, but I'm working on it. At the beginning of Feb, the space in front of that bookcase was filled from the bookcase to the bathroom door and stacked so that only the top shelf was useable. Not evident in the photo is the fact that I can crabwalk sideways between the stacked tubs to the left of the bookcase and the end of the table in the middle of the room for access to the closet.

A lot of progress since December, but much work remains. If I dig into the closet to try and make room for a few more boxes for electronics I'm keeping, I might do a photo of that mess. Maybe. Not sure it'll be time to put the cool weather coats away before SiF ends.

Back