Single In Single in Febuary (SiF) 2023 - day 7

Day 7 Modern building in Red Deer

I had to take Sue to the eye doctor this morning and this building is just up the road from the doctors. It certainly is one of the more eye catching modern buildings in the city.

day 7 olsen joly building.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another sunny (but crisp) day here in the East Midlands, and I managed to fit in a 45 minute walk during my lunch break. I am getting used to this lens now and it is becoming second nature to use it - I am even finding that I can accurately change aperture using the clickless ring and still know roughly what I have set it to.
I will post a couple of out-takes I think, but here is another (almost) selfie - this is looking into the window of the old railway office (the trains still run, but no one works in the office anymore).
XT3A5512.jpg

Another sunny (but crisp) day here in the East Midlands, and I managed to fit in a 45 minute walk during my lunch break. I am getting used to this lens now and it is becoming second nature to use it - I am even finding that I can accurately change aperture using the clickless ring and still know roughly what I have set it to.
I will post a couple of out-takes I think, but here is another (almost) selfie - this is looking into the window of the old railway office (the trains still run, but no one works in the office anymore).
View attachment 364341

Truly lovely light and shadow, Andy.

Haven't left the house today as I am working on a bid. One of the local Lady's like's to take summer gourds and squash? and transform them I think this was maybe $15 I told her I would be happy to pay more! She is really talented.
P2070004.jpg

Other part of the bedroom space that wouldn't fit in yesterday's view.
View attachment 364325

I mentioned being able to get to the small bookcase and fill it with the non-photo books to be kept - that's it in the right corner. Still a bit cluttered, but I'm working on it. At the beginning of Feb, the space in front of that bookcase was filled from the bookcase to the bathroom door and stacked so that only the top shelf was useable. Not evident in the photo is the fact that I can crabwalk sideways between the stacked tubs to the left of the bookcase and the end of the table in the middle of the room for access to the closet.

A lot of progress since December, but much work remains. If I dig into the closet to try and make room for a few more boxes for electronics I'm keeping, I might do a photo of that mess. Maybe. Not sure it'll be time to put the cool weather coats away before SiF ends.
Nice Tilley. I have the same one, LOL. Possibly even the same Merrills.

I have to wear hats with brims, I like the old Tilleys. The Airflows work well about 9 months of the year here, have a couple heavier ones if it gets cold or cool and rainy.

Those Merrells might be going out. My heels have destroyed the heel cups (where my tendon attaches is boney and it tends to eat a hole in the heel linings).

I have some of those Merrells too. And I just added a set of the Chameleons. Different but still nice.

I have to wear hats with brims, I like the old Tilleys. The Airflows work well about 9 months of the year here, have a couple heavier ones if it gets cold or cool and rainy.

Those Merrells might be going out. My heels have destroyed the heel cups (where my tendon attaches is boney and it tends to eat a hole in the heel linings).

Back