Single in January 2012 - immortalised in print?

I may have to re-pp my photos as well, since I accidentally stepped on them after the fact.

I would be willing to do some proof-reading, if needed. I cringe when I see so many books that don't seem like that was done. Incorrect words, misspellings, wrong form of the word, etc.

I, too, liked the camera deary.

Just discovered this thread - and looked through the SiJ entries, and would like to applaud this fantastic idea. I'd probably buy one on the merit of the photographs themselves. To be honest the notion that a webiste community can put together an international photobook of extraordinary images really strikes a chord with me.

I'm more than a little miffed with myself for being so rubbish at these challenges in the past; if only I'd known it might turn into this - I might have had the fortitude to continue... next time, I mean it.

Create the book though, celebrate your hard work, and enjoy it forever!

I have been mute on all this so far because I only managed to put together a few pictures. Despite really wanting to be more involved it was just not practical for me just now. I love the idea of the book, sign me up for a copy. I am not sure where things stand with regards to contributing - I am happy for any of the pics to be used, but I would probably suggest that folk in my position don't get 4 pics. I only managed to properly submit something like 6, took a few more but never quite had the time to process and post. I don't know how those who actually slogged their wee hearts out taking a photo a day feel about us slackers/workaholics getting a free ride! ;)

Maybe the best plan is to pick an editor as suggested, then stand by their decisions. I'm happy either way. Some stunning work gone in there, lots of people worked very hard and pushed themselves.

I think that I am not alone in feeling like the book is meant for all who attempted. There are myriad reasons why many missed certain days (or most of them). But who are the others to judge? If you signed up for the SiJ, you are free to participate and add 4 shots. I think the over-arching theme of the challenge (and therefore the book) should be one of inclusion. I really felt a strong bond and some of the 'us against the world' and really enjoyed that month. To me frankly, it was like an oasis. As soon as the month was over, everyone seemed to drift back into endless pre-ordering new gear and frothing about the next great camera (And there are certainly some froth-worthy cameras coming up the pike).

This book shall celebrate that month when we all tried to create something every day.

Maybe we can give those who successfully completed the entire journey a little gold star next to their names ;)

Hear hear. I did every day, but I have no problem with those who didn't getting their work in the book. Quantity is not a measure of quality, after all. The only caveat I have as to numbrers is that I know how quickly a book like this can tot up - and get prohibitively expensive to buy as an end product.

2? hmmmmm. that would really make people get down to some tough choices. I'm not against it. Maybe 3 splits the difference. We'll see how many folks we get total....I'm guessing it'll be around 20. a 40 page book is pretty slim (That's 20 sheets of paper), but if we get as many as 25 or 30 people at 4 images......that book gets a bit unwieldy.

Back