Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 11-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else noticing that the gallery does some processing that degrades the pictures. I really noticed it on today's submission. Compare these two links - same picture, one from the gallery and one from my website.

https://www.photographerslounge.org/gallery/data/826/medium/SiJ-2015-trisberg-Day-16.jpg

http://thomasrisberg.com/sij2015/SiJ-2015-trisberg-Day-16.jpg

Lots of extra artifacts/blurring in the blue sky parts.

-Thomas

all I see is a softening of the image. It's the print that counts ;)

Finally got something resembling an internet connection so quickly uploaded a few images. Hope this is a sign of things to come...
...so much to comment on, I hope my connectivity holds up.

Today I had to resort to not a safety, but a rescue shot - because I had no time at all throughout the day.

M.

I hear what you're saying. Same here. I'm pretty tired of shooting in the dark, after work. I've had plans to take a short walk outside the office, but too much to do, too bad weather, etc etc. End when I end up to home, (almost) too tired to pick the camera up.

But, already half-way trough, so going to hang up until the very end :)

Got stuck in papal traffic jams today, even though he wasn't even in Manila today, so I ended up not shooting anything. So I've posted one from yesterday for today. I'm making up my own rules now.

I cannot help but think that some here are over thinking this challenge. There images all around us, no matter how busy one is. Even if one planed on getting a shot of the lions at the zoo does not mean a shot of your cat at home cannot be just as stunning as what you originally wanted to shoot. Just take a few minutes and look around, follow the light.

My disappointment with this event is the low number of views. I understand the time involved in trying to make comments on everything is very time intensive but just viewing the images is fairly quick.
Last time there were hundreds of views where this time an image getting 40 or 60 seems to be the max and the average is under 20.

My disappointment with this event is the low number of views. I understand the time involved in trying to make comments on everything is very time intensive but just viewing the images is fairly quick.
Last time there were hundreds of views where this time an image getting 40 or 60 seems to be the max and the average is under 20.

I don't remember tons of views last time. And it's not like there were a lot more people taking part last time either. I wonder if a lot of those views just accumulate over the course of 3 years

For me, I'm kinda struggling to keeping up with posting my own images. I try to look at other images at times, but will probably do that over a longer periode of time. I do agree that not making too much a fuzz about the picture a day thing does make it easy to compy. My entries are not meant to be high art, but just examples to show the fun I'm having in taking a shot a day with a fixed set of camera/lens.

For me SiJ is an exercise to get myself shooting more regularly. Without it I would not have gone out to take at least one shot every day this month. That's the big win for me. Everything else like views and comments are a bonus. Agree with Bob that "there are images all around us", part of the challenge is to get better at seeing images and capturing them on a regular basis.

-Thomas

For me, viewing seems to involve a lot of to' ing and fro 'ing and it's difficult to see what I've already looked/commented on and what's awaiting me. It seems much easier to have a thread each where one can scroll down the entries and comment as they are on Fuji X Spot. Couple this with the fact that I was away for the first week, I don't know if I'm coming or going so I do apologise if I missed some!

I'm having the same issue as Christilou. I set up the preferences on the gallery page and sort it, find the last image I saw and the next image isn't the one that is suppose to be next. It becomes a hassle opening new tabs for all the images. It was working right for the first 11 days but then somewhere during the last few days it got messed up.

Another horrible day - it's all 'knit one, purl one' around here with no two days the same.

As for commenting, I'm utterly rubbish at it. My critical abilities are useless. If I see something I like, I just like it but simply saying 'I like this' gets a wee bit repetitive!

Well, I've discovered that I can use the gallery in Firefox which is *not* my browser of choice. I've no idea why Safari has suddenly decided that its not going to let me in to the gallery except to view as a guest. I'll get out later, though its been awfully hot here the last few days, and I haven't wanted to be far from the a/c. Today is predicted 32ºC, not so bad. I'm going to have to rectify the no cat situation here, I am almost ready to acquire a kitten or two, so that will be fun, trying to photograph. Expect to be kitten bombed, sooner or later (but maybe not during this challenge)

Fell off the horse at least once in this period. Been trying to make it up, but I don't think it'll be the last time. Ah well. Keep on shooting!

I've hit a roadblock and have stopped shooting - the 'black dog'* of depression is nipping at my heels but I know it will pass.

(* Winston Churchill coined the black dog phrase).

PS: I sort entries on Date Posted and Descending Order and go to the last image I recognise. I can then click through the newer images in order and comment or just view.

This is a toughie, I'm glad I don't do this for a living, good job I've got a good wife who pushes me along a bit. Because I am forcing myself to take photographs, I am starting to wonder if these shots were good enough, maybe I am being too fussy.
Also viewing has been a bit difficult as the pictures seemed to be all over the place in the Gallery, however I've just learnt how to sort them in date order. I have noticed some you cannot comment on or is it the troubles this site has been experiencing lately?
Just before this challenge started, I bought my self another camera and lens, but had not really used it and was getting a bit frustrated because of it, so yesterday I went out with it and had a blast, had to get it out of my system.
Normal shooting resumes today, of what, I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back