Single in January 2016, days 1-10. How's it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest addition in the gallery comes first - so in the sense of a timeline, it's like going back in time - no problem, just something to get used to. Once you've started reviewing the images, you can just use the arrows (on top) to go back and forth. Just choose the right gallery first, or you'll see every image added.

As for the outtakes, I'd suggest adding them to a different gallery - at least that's what I do.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not against using the thread(s), I just don't think the gallery is that bad, and it sure makes organising the comments a lot easier.

M.

I found today quite interesting and encouraging - I hadn't slept a lot (if at all - a couple of minutes, perhaps), and maybe that's why I was ready to do a little experimenting; of course, a lot went wrong or didn't yield anything to show, but I enjoyed shooting. Things are looking up.

M.

Ok - I'm a little late this year - missed the first few days but would still like to join in. I did the whole month last year and it was a real challenge (miserable, cold winter!) I'll see how this one goes.

Big fail for yesterday. The day dawned bright and sunny but still I failed, mainly because even though it's a small camera I didn't want to take it out to the woods with me to walk the dog because the ground is so squelchy and traversing the undergrowth calls for quite a bit of hopping and jumping. I resolved to do better today but still only managed some old flowers still clinging on to life in our freezing conservatory.

Switched bodies today, from G1 (with OM 50mm) to the EM5. Tomorrow I will switch to the P20 lens. Expect finish the month with that combination.
Beginning to get into the SIJ mode and mood. Hopefully that will translate into some better work.

I am currently on frame 25 of 36 exp using Ilford XP2 Super 400 BW.
I've been using iso 200 so far as I read this gives greater dynamic range.
I will now shoot the remainder at iso 400 to check and compare results - probably use the roll by the weekend if not sooner so develop & scan early part of next week.

Schoolboy error yesterday. I was saving up using the Olympus until the "3 kings" procession in Playa Blanca last night. Grabbed it out of the camera bag and put it in my coat pocket. Got to town, turned on the camera, battery dead. Doh! So my day 5 submission is a shot I took earlier with the TZ60. A fresh battery is now installed in the Olympus for today's walk!

I tried uploading a photo now, and after 3 minutes of waiting, restarted (waited), and restarted again. Same process as last 5 days, but today not working. Everything else works, so it's not me.

I finally got it to work with my iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another gloomy, misty day which didn't improve. I used my good old standby, Little B this afternoon. Have to admit that I resorted to buying some flowers yesterday in case I couldn't find anything else for today. Might have to be fruit or something another day! I've got nearly 800 pics on my Blip online diary so you'd think I'd be used to producing a picture a day by now........ :(

Now it's not going strong, here. -22C outside and windy, so not fun at all to step out and try to shoot.
Day 06 is copycat from last year, just changed the room to other bedroom, sorry about that :(

I'm having fun playing with B&W images. I haven't done much with them since going digital so I'm getting to play with the tones and contrast and the remarkably low noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back