Single in January 2016, days 21-31 How are you finding it??

27 days down, 4 more to go. Last night's shot was easy, in that it was not shot for the challenge, but rather was one of many that were shot for a completely different purpose. I am, actually, getting a bit tired of looking for shots at night and am very much looking forward to the end of the month. It's been fun, but I think I nearly have had enough.

Almost there, almost there! I'll be glad when this is over. I'm trying to keep up with the comments, but my limited photography experience is hindering me. I may find an image appealing, but what exactly appeals to me is difficult to express. I end up with the token 'lovely', 'wonderful', and this gets old rather fast. So kudos to everyone who takes the time to construct proper comments - I really appreciate the effort.

I know a lot of wonderful, amazing images (there I go again) have been posted, but I feel the gallery has very limited exposure to those not partaking. I wonder if we could get a 'sticky' on the main page with a miniature preview of the gallery? This may entice others for next SiJ - and by J I mean JUNE or JULY. Enough of these cold, snowy, dull, washed out images! Plus the days are longer then.

I'm getting my PeeCee back tomorrow with a new mummyboard - or something. I'll be delighted to have proper processing grunt again. I'll reprocess my stuff from the last week and probably not process the last couple of days before the weekend.

I've really enjoyed it this year, but it has been a long haul. If I get to the end without posting a selfie I'll regard it as a triumph... ;)

Haven't picked up a camera or been outside in days. Seem to be about half over this cold, but no real energy yet.
I've continued to watch the posts, each day, and a personal observation: this crowd seems to have gone "color blind". "Shades of gray" everywhere you look! I started with B&W, somewhere about 1960 (Brownie box). But, when I was able to have a camera, that could shoot color, I never looked back. After the age of digital, and the ability to instantly convert to gray scale, I have used it to cover up my inability to get the color to work. But, I generally prefer to "see" in color. I understand, that not everyone does. Just my rambling for the day.

I finally got a shot of that damn meadow. It's so hard to park safely on that road and I need to walk to the edge to get the shot. Tomorrow is the "the end" so look at your own peril!

Made it - gone for an unspectacular finish with a sooc jpg. Congrats to all those who were involved in this SiJ. Finishing is not the real milestone - participation is - so if you posted less than 31 images don't be hard on yourself because everyone participates to the BEST of their capacity in their own situation.

I have enjoyed other member's work and looked forward to checking in twice a day. Will miss that part of it. Thankyou.

Since this is a day where there will hardly be any time for photography, I posted yet another sunrise for my final image. The beautiful light came and lasted the total of five minutes, after which drab skies took over. It seems many of my images were about trees and light in the skies, so it did seem a fitting last image. I'm both glad it's over, and glad that I did participate. A special thanks to those who took the time to comment on all/most entries. Although I do feel that commenting adds to the experience, my own energy levels didn't always permit doing just that. Which only added to my appreciation of those who commented.

I feel a bit relief it's all done, yesterday (day 30) was the worst for me in terms of inspiration. But definitely worthwhile! Is there a separate thread regarding what we suffered/learned etc?

Just complete the challenge!

I will miss it, but not sure I could keep up for much longer. Last week was specially hard to get anything worthy. Still, I have some photos I like, that wouldn't have taken if it wasn't for this.

Thanks for all the comments and sorry if I couldn't comment on every single image, but did my best to comment as much as possible.

Phooh, I made it. I struggled a lot in the last days, too much other things to worry about. But on the same time, I didn't want to give up. And when looking back, some decent shots in this month :) and it was fun, as should have been.

I tried to, and managed, look all the pics on this challenge. Some times I had the energy even comment. Sorry that I couldn't comment all. I think we all deserve some comments and recognition if we can manage this kind of challenge.

I hope you all got something of it. I certainly did and it put my photography again a bit further.

Thanks all sharing this month! Let's meet again!

Done. I enjoyed that. I got some good shots out of the exercise, and a lot of enjoyment. Most of all, I can reveal now, I "tied" the SiJ to a weight-loss drive. Since the 4th of January to today I have walked over eighty miles that I wouldn't otherwise have done, and lost a stone (that's 14 lbs across the pond). I feel fitter, lighter, and I have more stamina. I'm going to keep at it until the end of March. I don't doubt that on some of the dreariest days it would have been even harder to get out of bed if I hadn't had the twin motivations of health and SiJ.

My thanks to all who have participated, and who have taken the time to comment. I might just put my camera down now, for a day or two... ;)

Back