Single in January - First resolution for 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope no one will tire maybe of my photo a day of a different hotel room. Which may include the bathroom decor or how wall paper seams don't match. To how poorly these new curly bulbs provide awful lighting.

Reactions: BBW
Well, it looks to me like Team Sony are under-represented. And I do have a new pair of lenses which I need to learn how to use. So, I guess I have to take one for the team and join your happy band. As long as there is no penalty for misdemeanors/latecoming/absenteeism without note from Mum etc

Well, it looks to me like Team Sony are under-represented. And I do have a new pair of lenses which I need to learn how to use. So, I guess I have to take one for the team and join your happy band. As long as there is no penalty for misdemeanors/latecoming/absenteeism without note from Mum etc
Be great to have more Sonys on board. Heather please just let me know your chosen lens (the Canon 28mm or fast fifty)...and NEX model :blush: and we'll sign you up. (y)

Well I hope no one will tire maybe of my photo a day of a different hotel room. Which may include the bathroom decor or how wall paper seams don't match. To how poorly these new curly bulbs provide awful lighting.

Duane, mate, I like the sounds of you're taking us On The Road with the GXR....sort of like a Lee Friedlander's travels with Jack Kerouac (y)

I´m in. Lumix GF-3 and 20mm 1.7.

Thanks,

Antonio
Excelente al nueva Antonio!!! :clap2: (Did I come close my friend?)
I look forward to seeing images from your side of the world...as I do every time I log onto Flickr. I've updated the list - and right you are Heather we will apply the gold leaf come February....though I will take advice from you what we do with the names of the fallen...not that I expect any, of course!

I've loaded up a vintage Nikon SP with a chrome 5cm F1.4 Nikkor-SC. Dropped 4 rolls of film into the drawer with it. The case on this camera has a slot in it for notes, so "metadata" will have to be written on an index card. Metering will be with a Weston 615 Master, from the 1940s.

Thought about using the F3HP with the data-back, but this challenge will give a great reason for pulling out the SP.

OK, I'll play. I misunderstood the rules and didn't realize that I didn't have to post daily. This matters, because I won't have a computer from 1/3 to 1/10. :redface: I'll go with the X-10.
:th_salute: Great news mate. Yeah please feel free to upload whenever you can. A good choice of camera, though I fear many a folk looking to this 'lil Fuji with envy as the month progresses. We'll all be able to see what she can achieve.

I've loaded up a vintage Nikon SP with a chrome 5cm F1.4 Nikkor-SC. Dropped 4 rolls of film into the drawer with it. The case on this camera has a slot in it for notes, so "metadata" will have to be written on an index card. Metering will be with a Weston 615 Master, from the 1940s.

Thought about using the F3HP with the data-back, but this challenge will give a great reason for pulling out the SP.
:clapping: Brian, this sounds like a very interesting set-up indeed! I can't wait to see what comes off the rolls after each week or so. I've always felt the draw of film, and this just might tip me over the edge :blush: Mate, the four rolls you've thrown into the drawer are they the same breed? No need to, but if you want I'm happy for you to attribute the shots down to a single emulsion?

Thanks to both you fellas. The roll has been updated.

For anyone interested these are the stats so far.
We have 30 people confirmed for the blocks (with another two just pending a firm camera choice)
From those confirmed....and here's one to note for the manufacturers ;)
  • Panasonic - 6
  • Ricoh - 5
  • Fuji - 5
  • Olympus - 4
  • Sony - 3
  • Canon - 2 (1x film)
  • Leica - 2
  • Samsung - 1
  • Sigma - 1
  • Nikon - 1 (1x film)

Talking sensor size:
  • less than 1" - 11
  • APS-C - 9
  • mu4/3 - 7
  • 35mm (film) - 2
  • Foveon - 1

Finally, most popular choice, so far ;), seems to be
Top spot (with 3 a piece) tied between:
  • Fuji X10
  • Ricoh GRDIII

and a group with 2 each:
  • Sony NEX-5N
  • Ricoh GXR
  • Panasonic G1
  • Leica M8
  • Fuji X100

Notable absences:
  • Nikon V-series
  • Pentax Q

So let's see how things change from here. Still 3 days to go for registrations and scratching...the former encouraged the latter....well...:crying:

Hi folks, January will be quite a busy month for me and taking a photo everyday will be a challenge in itself but heck, I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway! :tongue:

My weapon of choice:
Sony NEX-5 w/ CV Nokton 35mm f1.2 V2

Hi folks, January will be quite a busy month for me and taking a photo everyday will be a challenge in itself but heck, I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway! :tongue:

My weapon of choice:
Great to have you on-board Phoenix - you've been added to the Honour Roll.

As you may have read the mandatory element is the photo-a-day, but you can choose to upload whenever possible....I hope this eases the pressure.

Must say that's one sweet lens. Can't wait to see what it's capable of in your hands. (y)

I first inclination is to go with my IPhone 4s since it always with me, but I think I will go with the X10 instead, since it should be fairly easy to carry it everyday

I first inclination is to go with my IPhone 4s since it always with me, but I think I will go with the X10 instead, since it should be fairly easy to carry it everyday
Excellent choice Bob! I've updated the roll and you've now tipped the scales and in favour of Fuji X10 as the camera of choice for the month(y)....OK some might argue that the Sony NEX 5 and 5N should be counted together - as then they'd be up there...but then I'd have to do the same with the PENs and Panny offerings ;)

My weapon of choice:

Now that sounds like a very nice combo. I'll be watching carefully because here I am, considering the NEX7 (no money, but I can dream, can't i?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back